Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

EDI Support for PeachTree

Caleb

Total Posts:  11

My feature request is full EDI support. For example, we are working on implementing Magento in a B2B situation for a distributor. His requirements include integration with PeachTree by Sage so his accounting, inventory and shipping workflow is not disrupted. We are considering using the True Commerce Transaction Manager tool provided at a reasonable cost by http://www.truecommerce.com/complete-solution/transaction-manager We are also looking at http://www.b2bgateway.net/index.asp as a possible solution.

These solutions would still require that we manually export using profiles in the DataFlow admin area. We have several distributors that want this implemented for them in a B2B scenario and it requires as close to real-time as we can get. We have determined that exporting every 30 minutes would be acceptable during normal business hours.

I looked into having a company integrate an EDI solution with Magento that is bi-directional meaning that if a price of a SKU or inventory level is changed in the distributor’s PeachTree system then it would also be updated in their Magento store. Unfortunately, the cost of this EDI implementation was around $5,000 with $600 per year in support fees.

Maybe EDI support is on the roadmap or I am missing something but I’m sure a lot of enterprise-level customers would love this feature.

Cheers!

Caleb
HairFlix.com
Ecommerce solutions for the beauty industry!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zethris

Total Posts:  40

Any new findings on this feature? Any other information you may have garnered since last year?

I am in almost exactly the same position. Looking for an EDI integration so we can sell to Wal Mart with Magento systems and use our internal Peachtree accounting software to make sure data is always in sync with the shopping cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CartSpan

Total Posts:  32

Hi,

I understand that this thread has some age on it, but would like to indicate that my company offers a cost-effective eCommerce integration for Peachtree Accounting. You can find details at http://www.CartSpan.com.

CartSpan can be used to download orders from your Shopping Cart as well as uploading current item prices and quantities available from Peachtree.

Best regards,

Scott Wheeler
Owner, Cadence Software LLC

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community