Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Options Module that activates in Cart - Can be used for Anything! 

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I created module that is activated in the cart that allows the users to have their Grain crushed or not crushed. The module is custom and could be used for any application. It uses Php, Java, Sql and AJAX.

Start by adding any grain item to the cart (Please do not check out, the site is still in beta)

Click here to start!

Image Attachments
Checkout-Process1.pngAdminSection.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fegizii

Total Posts:  160

Interesting. But why is this better than selecting the options on the product page? I’m just curious smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

The Team working with the data and SKU’s wanted something independent that could be added on in the cart. This model made the most sense with the amount of products they were dealing with. It also allows for the flexibility to do cart add on’s in the future and also discounted/ associated products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Just a follow up, if I am not mistaken, you can not modify a custom option in the cart? My module allows you to modify up to the point the item is made into an order. Also (I was told) that they would have to make a associate the custom option with each sku and not with a Category.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community