Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Configurable products and dependent attributes

JQuiroga

Total Posts:  7

Prestashop handles this perfectly, even dynamic SKU for each combination.... Why not taking a look at it and implemented in the next Magento update, bacause this alternative is really necesary in many shops

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

botam

Total Posts:  7

I’d be happy if they would just do a tutorial on how to do it the hard way as we are stuck and can go no further in figuring out how to set up one product with varying weights hence prices all with different sku’s.

We have read explanations like oh it is simple just set up a simple product then a configurable product to show the variations, well this does nothing for use as when we arrive at price or weight we are unsure what to use where as every simple product requires a price and every configurable product requires a price so it is unclear to us on what price and weight to put where and how to tie them together

Please Magento do a tutorial showing how this is done step by step Please please please pretty please

One product with variations in weight & price, visible in a dropdown menu or radio buttons, all with different sku’s for inventory control!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mma87

Total Posts:  4

hi to all!
I\’m searching too the reply at this problem, I know 2 websites that I fix this problem, but I don\’t know how they have do…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mma87

Total Posts:  4

above two links of those web sites
http://www.arredaclick(.)com/it/tavolo-gambe-pelle-capitonne-louvre.html
http://www.casaarredostudio(.)it/tavoli-e-sedie/tavoli-pranzo/tavolo-my-project-zamagna-gamba-diamante.html

bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

dariob52

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I have read thru the thread but have a different problem.  I am creating a dental supply catalog.  I love Magento but it’s also a pain in the a$$.  My problem though is one product can be selected in various diameters.  One product for example can be selected from 10mm - 23mm and each diameter can be selected in various grits.  10mm diameter can be selected in Course, Medium, and Fine but 23mm can be selected in only super course and super fine.  Each product is different. 

What I need to do is create one product.  Example 801, 801 can be selected in various diameters.  When you select the diameter you need, then you must select the grit.  I only want the grits that are available in that diameter to appear in the drop down.  Obviously I do not want to display a bunch of options that we do not have.

Can anyone help me figure out a way to do this using the advanced options or am i using the wrong product type or do i just need to swallow it and purchase a plug-in to get this functionality going?

Kind Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

sashas7777

Total Posts:  90
New York, USA

Hi, if you need to change configurable main image to image from simple product from selected option you may try Configurable Image Extension http://extensions.sashas.org/customer-experience/configurable-image-swticher.html
I hope it will help you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3