Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install went well once pdo_mysql was enabled in php

ozstar

Total Posts:  32
Sydney Oz

Hi,

For me, Beta 0917740 install was text book.  I am testing this until V1 arrives then I will kill this and start again, with some experience then.

WhenI was shown a message a few steps into the install that I needed pdo_mysql. I tried to continue however no go.

To save time I immediatlly contacted my server support.  They enabled it, and the rest was perfect.

After years with osc, I find this so far to be very clear, clean and professionally looking. 

I am not going to compare Magento to Osc as it looks like they are quite different and it would be unfair to go into issues that were subjective.

I am happy with what osc and its wonderful contributors have graciously given to me and the world and am not looking to bag them or change my shops.  I am however continually looking for new solutions and I am excited as to what Magento could offer. So far it is as the wish list goes.

I have seen many who have the pdo_mysql problem. My suggestion would be to go straight to your server support and get them to enable it.

I kept my install page open when I got the message, then I opened another window in the browser to contact support.  When the answered via email said it was done, I went back to the page, hit the continue button and it was fine.

My server stats are..

Apache version 2.2.6 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 5.0.45-community
Architecture i686
Operating system Linux

Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

I will now go through the Product adding process

Good luck.

oz

grin