Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disaster installation

Mackarov

Total Posts:  13
Sweden

Hi! is there any one out there hos knows what files folders that needs to be ftp up again after a disaster installation
Accept for the db. Is very time consuming when you have ftp all the folders again.

Or, is there another way that dont now about
bestregards
Marcus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ozstar

Total Posts:  32
Sydney Oz

Hi,

It would be too time consuming to go and check what files got there and what didn’t.

I am not an expert however my suggestion would be based on where I think you are, is to delete all the files you uploaded and start again cleanly. At least this way you will know for sure none of them were previously corrupted on the way up before.

However if you are on dial up this may be a long haul as you suggest.

Are you on DSL,Cable, Dial up?

What FTP program are you usuing?

Is it set to automatically know whether to upload in ascii or binary?

Have you created your database and taken a copy of the information you will need to enter?

If you are not restricted to Dial up, open your ftp client and go to your hard drive folder where you have all your Magento fiiles.

Choose them all to upload to your ‘public_html’ folder or whatever your server host calls it, and hit GO!

If you have kept your files on the server and didn’t delete them, make sure your ‘overwrite’ the files, NOT ‘resume’ them in case they are corrupted.

No go put the tea or coffee on and get a book and read for a few minutes until it’s done.  Good Luck.

oz

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

Heya, if your host allows you to ssh into your account, you can unpack the compressed file there… so all you need to do is upload the whole compressed file. Also, if your host gives you a control panel, it may also have a section to allow you to view files and directories online, which may contain the ability to unpack files there too. GL.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mackarov

Sweden

Hi !
Yes i have adsl and i am using Smart-FTP. I vill check with my host to see if i can upload the zipfile.
I am having troubel wíth my installation from latest download, the problems ís that the db connection want grant me acces.
I have installed in the same way as i did with the older beta but now i am stuck.

Thanks for your replay

Magento Community
Magento Community

ozstar

Sydney Oz

Oh well in that case it seems like the dbase set up is not complete or wrong..

Have you set up your dbase?  Did you use phpMyAdmin or do it through your host panel?

If,when you did/do, you will need this info..

Host (Usually localhost as it is in the install screen)
Database name - The default is Magento and if this is fine, use it.
Database User - maybe Mackarov will do

You need all that info before you start the install program.
Usually if you cannot access it, it is because you haven’t written in the dbase name,user etc exactly.

Have you set up any dbases before with this host server? so we can be sure you have that part correct.

Anyway, go check your dbase info and if you are not sure what you did, you can even delete the dbase and start again so you know exactly waht info you have for Megento.

Good Luck and let us know.

Don’t worry may take time, but it will happen as sure as God made little green apples!

grin

oz

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mackarov

Sweden

When I look i phpMyAdmin, my username is: 

but in CP it shows:  u1030090_marcus
Localhost dosen´t work for me, have to use ip and port.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ozstar

Sydney Oz

You more than likely would only use..

u1030090_marcus as the user name.  The first part would be your account ID.

What about your dbase name what does that show as?

The Dbase name has two parts. The first part is what your host has called your account.

It is your account ID. In many cases it is the cut down name of your domain.

The domain myshoelaceshop.com ID could become myshoel. You can’t change this once you host creates the account so you are stuck with it.

The second part can only be 7 characters which you can name yourself.

I would name a dbase something that means something which I would recognize later such as..

shop1 or in this case the install script suggests the word , magento.  So I would call it magento.

The full dbase name then looks like this, and you would always refer to it as..

myshoel_magento

Your user name also comes in two parts.

The first part is your account name the same as above..  myshoel

The second part is simple.. maybe your own name, so it would be..

myshoel_marcus

The full names would then be.

DB myshoel_magento
USER myshoel_marcus

You should then click the FULL Permissions option for your user name in mySQL when asked.

It should then all be set up ready to start the magento instal.

If you are not sure what you have done, you have the option of deleting your dbase in cpanel, then starting again as suggested above.

If in the Cpanel mySQL Wizard, when asked for your dbase and username just enter the LAST PART.  magento for the dbase then marcus for the user.
(The program will add them to the fist part myshoel_)

At the moment it may seem painful however once you get it right (and be pedantic about it), it will all be fine.

I have tried to make it very clear although still could be confusing if you are very new to it. however I hope that it is helpful to you.

Did you check with your host support about the localhost part. It is usually localhost however maybe your host has set his server up differently. Always check with the hosts before you try to fix something to be sure you are doing it correctly and not wasting time.

Good Luck

oz grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mackarov

Sweden

Thanks for the help. Something is different between beta 17740 and 17240 in the installation . I can’t get access to my DB, in 17740. But when I went back to 17240 the installation went like a dance with now problem at all. i Found an another thread in the forum that has something related with this
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4640/#t16938.

Hope u understand my English it is a bit swenglis smile
Mackarov
Sweden

Magento Community
Magento Community

ozstar

Sydney Oz

Hi,

I am not sure why there is that difference. Why it works with 17240 and not 17740 as you say.

Mine with 7740 went text book like.  I did what I have said in my earlier posts and once they enabled pdo_mySQL it was perfect.

I would suggest when V1 comes out in a day or so, you dump the one you are working with and deleted everything, Dbase and every file and start again with one that maybe has the bugs removed that effected you, if they were bugs.

Any good luck.  and your English is fine… better then my Swedish beileve me!

oz

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community