Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SEO Search Terms phtml missing in latest installation?? 

droog

Total Posts:  5

I am trying to activate and move the Seo Search Terms Block to the right side of my catalog page.  After reading the Desingers Guide multiple times i still do not understand fully what is going on with this code:

<catalog_seo_searchterm_popular>
<remove name="right"/>
<remove name="left"/>
<reference name="root">
<action method="setTemplate"><template>page/1column.phtml</template></action>
</reference>
<reference name="content">
<block type="catalog/seo_searchterm" name="seo.searchterm" template="catalog/seo/searchterm.phtml"/>
</reference>
</catalog_seo_searchterm_popular>

Why remove name on right and left? 

I assume setTemplate is setting the template ONLY for this block?

reference name “content” will put the nested block into the “content” layer of the main layout file?

Also, searchterm.phtml doesn’t even exist under catalog/seo.  I have version 1.2.1, plus the latest version as a test install and it doesn’t have it either.

Please someone help.  My head is spinning!

TO MAGE:  Please release some decent documentation on your XML files.., i think this is the most difficult part to grasp.  1 page in your design guide does little to fully grasp what is going on here.  I don’t think this is THAT complicated, but the lack of documentation makes it VERY DIFFICULT.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community