Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Feature request: Radio buttons for configuring a product in front-end

mcSherpa

Total Posts:  33
Groningen

Research after research show that site visitors act better on radio buttons than on dropdown boxes. It is also clear why: with radio buttons you see all the options in a glance and the option of choice is easily checked.
People prefer “Color:  O red O green O blue” to “Color:  [Please select an option]”

Unforunately, configurable products require dropdown-boxes. That is not a problem in the back-end. But in the front end it is bad for clarity, user-friendliness and most importantly, conversion and sales.

It would be great if products could be configured using radio buttons.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aroha

Total Posts:  26
Napier

i agree. i really want this functionality and hate the whole dropdown process of selecting colour then size options. the simple product holds the info for colour and size so i should only have to make one selection in the front end to select the desired product… maybe in the admin panel have the option for dropdown or radio button. i know it can get out of hand when there are lots of options but it would be appropriate when there is only a few.

and yeah, i don’t think the drop downs are user friendly for the general newbie shopper and you do want the options to be browse-able at a glance ... my customers ring me up and get me to walk them through selecting products and don’t even notice their options changing when making selections.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community