Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect Manager : Successfull upgrade/install but not shown afterwards? 

LynchBeard

Total Posts:  6

I have an issue with Magento connect manager where it will appear to install extensions and upgrades ok but the changes never appear in connect manager afterwards.

Initially i had errors due to permissions but after changing all files and folders to 777 these went away.

Upgrading from 1.3.2.2 to 1.3.2.3 the console output ends with:

upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Mage-1.3.2.3
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Modules-1.3.2.3
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.3.2.3
upgrade ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-1.3.2.3

But after a refresh or logging out and back in the installed version remains at 1.3.2.2.

The admin and main site both say the current version is 1.3.2.3 but logging back into the admin still bring up the alert informing me that the latest version (1.3.2.3) is available, i don’t know if this is normal or not?

Similarly, if i try to install an extension (eg. blank theme) everything appears to work ok but the extension is not shown in magento connect afterwards.

I’m running a multistore site on a VPS hosted by NuBlue (who are fantastic btw).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LynchBeard

*shameless bump* - anybody?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddelgado

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same issue.

Is it possible it’s an issue with the Compilation Module?  I don’t have the Compilation Module installed as an extension, but is it possible I am using it just through a recent upgrade?

From the Magento Blog (http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/magento-version-1323-now-available/):

Magento Version 1.3.2.3 Now Available
“Important Note: If the Magento Compilation Module is enabled it must be disabled before attempting to upgrade. After upgrading is done click on “Run Compilation Process” to process and enable it again.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

LynchBeard

I have no idea about the Compilation Module but it’s nice to see i’m not the only one with the issue! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community