Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Paypal 1.3.2.3 Problem Status goes to complete after payment !!!! 

cogder

Total Posts:  13

It’s Paypal/Model/standard.php

just the “/” that was missed out smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pointlessjon

Total Posts:  21
Santa Cruz, California

This thread was started in July and there isn’t an official response / patch? I just had a client who used a fulfillment house discover at least 8 orders that just collected dust because of this issue.

On a related note (ok let’s be honest, I’m hijacking this thread ;P), on the off-chance that someone from Varien is reading this:

As a developer, it is clear this software is not unit-tested. Which is a shame considering the size, and the vital role such an application plays for businesses (in fact, the core of many entire businesses.)

Honestly, my firm has been considering moving toward suggesting our clients go with the Enterprise option, but if you don’t have tests written for the community edition, I doubt you have test for the enterprise. And, if you did, that’s pretty screwy that you wouldn’t share that with the community. Regardless, the amount of little bugs and issues like this that indirectly occur from “updates” that we discover though trial and error (on live sites) is beyond frustrating, and we’re seriously considering other options.

Don’t get me wrong, Magento is very impressive, but I feel really misled due the imbalance of budget put toward marketing (particularly marketing this as an open source project) vs. actual development.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HarryM

Total Posts:  40

on line 422 find the following:

$order->setState(
Mage_Sales_Model_Order::STATE_COMPLETE, true,
Mage::helper(’paypal’)->__(’Invoice #%s created’, $invoice->getIncrementId()),
$notified = true
);

just change STATE_COMPLETE to STATE_PROCESSING, and the next order with a Paypal payment will remain in the processing state,
until you ship the order.

Hi Erik / Steve
Does this solution work on ver. 1.3.2.3?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

HarryM

Total Posts:  40

We’ve done it and it does work great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daele

Total Posts:  1

Has been considering moving toward suggesting our clients go with the Enterprise option.

Regards

Daele

____
Simulation prêt

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Housser

Total Posts:  7

I’m also having this problem. Tried making the suggested changes to the code, tried replacing the Paypal folder with the version that came with 1.3.2.1.

I still see orders go to “Pending with Paypal” when the user goes to paypal (which is fine and expected), but as soon as they pay it goes to “Complete”.

My problem is that we’re selling virtual products (registrations to attend clinics), and need to be able to modify orders after they’ve been placed when people decide they want to go to a different clinic topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Housser

Total Posts:  7

This appears to only be the case with Virtual Products. If I switch to using simple products it just brings the order to “Processing”. I don’t have physical products to ship, but want the order to stay in the “Processing” status so I can make changes to the order if needed

(we’re doing registrations for an event and people might change their minds as to which clinics they wish to attend leading up to the event.

So any idea what I would need to change to make sure orders that only have Virtual products DON’T get completed?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

I can confirm that updating from 1.3.2.3 to 1.3.2.4 and making the changes below fixes the following:

grand total order double
customer paid double
paypal order defaulting to complete instead of processing

My Standard.php file now looks like:

147     public function canCapture()
148     {
return true;
150     }
.....  .........

417     $invoice->register()->pay();
418              Mage::getModel('core/resource_transaction')
419            ->addObject($invoice)
420         ->addObject($invoice->getOrder())
421          ->save();
422        $order->setState(
423        Mage_Sales_Model_Order::STATE_PROCESSING$newOrderStatus,
424           Mage::helper('paypal')->__('Invoice #%s created'$invoice->getIncrementId()),
425           $notified true

Magento Community
Magento Community

wasa1977

Total Posts:  16
Brignoles, France

Thanks for your explanation! I will try on my version 1.3.2.4 and keep you informed ASAP!

Magento Community
Magento Community

firewizard

Total Posts:  43
Bucharest, Romania

@magicker - your suggestions worked perfectly on my 1.3.2.4 magento, thank you very much. i knew something was wrong with the states in that file, but i was too chicken to change a core file smile

The sad part is that @Pointlessjon might be correct - it doesn’t seem like this was unit tested or at least manually tested. payments & orders are the core of any web shop, so if those don’t work, why care about the rest? And to be honest, I don’t think this problem will be fixed with the new release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Template fans
Guru

Total Posts:  446

Thanks. That works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wasa1977

Total Posts:  16
Brignoles, France

It works perfectly! Many thanks wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

d7a7z7e7d

Total Posts:  2

I’m finally getting around to installing the latest Magento (haven’t played around since pre 1.0) and I must say I find it extremely disturbing that a feature this crucial and this essential to e-commerce was somehow “overlooked”. Also, and maybe it’s just the conspiracy theorist in me, I can’t help but think that the Enterprise Edition’s version of this code probably works. But what may be even worse than that is what if even the Enterprise Edition’s code doesn’t work? Then I can’t even pretend like these guys are greedy but at least they are competent, now they just seem incompetent regardless. Seriously, are we all just a bunch of idiots that can’t configure Paypal correctly, or is this a legitimate bug that desperately needs to be fixed in the next version?  It’s that serious of a bug that it actually makes me question the intelligence of everyone here. It’s just that mindboggling that Magento would tout itself as God’s gift to e-commerce but not even have fully functional payment code for one of the world’s most accepted online forms of payment. I guess none of us are perfect though and we all make mistakes. It just goes to prove how valuable Unit Testing and a solid form of quality control can be. Sure, Magento is OSS but that doesn’t entitle you to rely on the community to do the testing for you. Maybe I wouldn’t be so hard on you guys if you weren’t trying to charge everyone nearly a thousand dollars a month to use software that the entire community helped you build. Kudos to the entrepreneur in you Roy Rubin, but damn you for not making everyone test every sliver of code that comes out of that place, and may God have mercy on your soul if this shit already works on Enterprise Edition! wink

I’ll be integrating magicker’s fix in my version of Magento today and based on the comments of others, I’m pretty confident it will work but I felt like I had to elaborate on what I know everyone else is thinking… With that said, I still love Magento and the entire team. I truly do think it’s wonderful what you guys are doing and continue to do for the e-commerce OSS community! Just PLEASE don’t start abandoning the free version, or crippling it to the point of retardation.

Thanks again for the fix magicker!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Forward Gear

Total Posts:  22

Is there a way to find out if this is a non issue in Enterprise Edition?

Is Magento losing its viability due to bias toward Enterprise Edition?

I’m about to pull the trigger on an eCommerce solution and had resolved to Magento, but issues like this create concern…

Thoughts?

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

cannonballdex

Total Posts:  65

Can anyone explain the difference between using

$invoice->register()->pay();

and

$invoice->register()->capture();

I know you can set the PayPal module to Sale or Capture and I know what that does, but what reference does that have with using these in the Standard.php? It almost seems like you are changing the file to register a capture rather than a payment. And when its a payment it reverts to the else and stays processing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3