Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

shipping functionality

bkscott

Total Posts:  137
Sacramento

hello,
im trying to add some functionality to the shipping rate requests for fedex, ups, and usps. i found the “collectrates” function for each of those carriers, but thats only part of the info i need. Those functions receive a parameter called $request. i need to know where that parameter is generated. i cant seem to find a reference to the CollectRates function in any other files. Anyone have any idea where i might find it?

if someone can point me in the right direction, i will be able to eventually get magento to use dimensions while calculating the shipping costs.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bkscott

Total Posts:  137
Sacramento

Bump!

if someone helps me find the source of $request i will most likely be able to modify magento so that it will use dimensions while calculating the shipping costs!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community