Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lost Login

BlackDesk

Total Posts:  35
San Diego

Does anyone know how I can retrieve admin login info for a new install?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

First of all try the default combo:

Username: admin
Password: 123123

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempt to recover lost password and/or find list of usernames
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Run the command ‘select * from admin_user’ on your database. This will return the list of admin usernames.
2. Find the relevant username and copy the string of characters from the password field in the same row.
3. Paste the characters into the decrypt page on www.hashmash.com.
4. Login using the username and discovered password.

Change lost admin password

1. Goto www.hashmash.com and enter a new password. Click the encrypt button and copy the outputted characters.
2. Run the following command on your database:

update admin_user set password='<<paste copied characters here>>' where username='<<insert your username>>'

3. Login using your new password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Total Posts:  9
Granada, Spain

This is what I need

1. Goto http://www.hashmash.com and enter a new password. Click the encrypt button and copy the outputted characters.
2. Run the command:

update admin_user set password=’<<paste copied characters here>>’ where username=’<<insert your username>>’

But I do not understand what do you mean “Run the comand” Where?, How? Can it be a little more tutorial way.

thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

London, United Kingdom

This is an SQL command that can either be run from SSH command line or a database interface such as PhpMyAdmin. Most hosts provide this application.

You select your database, click the SQL tab and run the SQL command from there.

I can’t be any more specific because I don’t know what functionality your host provides.

Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Granada, Spain

Thank you Flowstack

I´ve done in the right way now, but it seems to be another problem. It is a fresh instalation and I never could enter backend, I´ve tried reseting the username and password but still is going wrong.

here is my first post about that

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4957/

smirk

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

London, United Kingdom

PM me the URL.

Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Granada, Spain

PM me the URL.

Sorry Flowstack, English is not my language, do you mean to say you the URL? it is a localhost.

Anyway I’ll wait a couple of days and will trie the new magento 1.0 release.

Thank you a lot.

wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

PM = Private Message

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I am having same problem as BlackDesk.

The old password is no longer availble. Unfortunatly, I am not able to receive the new password per email. Probably because the email sent from from Magento is stopped as spam ... ??  (It might help if I could change the email that it is being sent to, to another email that runs on my server without any spam/virus control?).

@Flowstack:  Thanks for your advise, I have visited the ‘admin_user’ in the sql database. The user name is admin, and the password is 3d44e09303139a38dcc2c9342c4fbcd6:99. However, this will not fit into the field on hasmash.com (it will not accept / it is no space for :99).
And if I try to run a decrypt just with the characters that fit into the field, this returns with a “Sorry, but that hash was not found.”

Do you have any advise as to how to retrieve or renew the password?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eilskov

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have the same problem. It seems like there is some kind of “checksum” on the MD5 hash. Does anyone know how to “calculate” that checksum?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

1. Goto http://www.hashmash.com and enter a new password. Click the encrypt button and copy the outputted characters.
2. Run the command:

update admin_user set password=’<<paste copied characters here>>’ where username=’<<insert your username>>’

This method worked for me.  I simply pasted the new password value into the old password field in the database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam rapid

Total Posts:  1

Tried this, worked perfectly.  But you needn’t go to a command line.  Simply enter the database table named admin_user and replace the hash key you find for the new hash key generated by hashmash.

Great solution!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community