Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Multi-Seller ‘marketplace’

twr88

Total Posts:  8

Does Magento (or any associated plugin) have any ability for multiple sellers to sell the same product on the same item page, in a similar way to Amazon Marketplace (aka Used and New)?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

Total Posts:  53

Yes, magento can, with plugin module.
We are planning to do it with customer’s requests.
If you have any idea or need , please let us know.

cs@needtool.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

wow needtool, this module could be just what i’m looking for. in particular, i would love to be able to recreate something like the Where to Buy section on this page:

http://shopper.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-m4n78-pro-motherboard/4014-3049_9-33563731.html?tag=mncol;lst

this isn’t quite the same as Amazon Marketplace, but the general idea would be the same (grab multiple prices and display them in one section with calculation of approximate tax and shipping costs and links to the seller’s info).

please keep us posted on the progress of this module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

thanks for your reply grooves1200.
i think i can understand your business model smile

now we are collecting requirements, then we will begin to dev.

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

any further word on this, needtool?

Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

Sorry grooves1200. We have to full time on our clients’ orders, so this is hang up. No plan for this befor 25/Aug

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

any further thought on this now that it’s past august 25, needtool?

Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

Refer to this http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/51602
We stop quote for a month that for our customer’s additional orders, we should keep our service quality level.

This will take several monthes to be a productive module.
We accept the quote of this now. And we will start when you order it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

needtool, can you contact me via private message and let me know a rough estimate of what the cost for developing the module would be.

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Avalanchaa

Total Posts:  3

I need the same, please send me a PM.

Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

Thank you all.

PMs were sent.

Our email is sales@needtool.com. with email you can get response in time.

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Since at least two of us are interested in this module, is there a way we can come up with a common set of features that multiple people would be interested in?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Ok, well no one has responded, so I guess I will just go ahead with my needs. As I referred to above, I’m looking for a module that can make a section of a product page that looks something like http://shopper.cnet.com/motherboards/asus-m4n78-pro-motherboard/4014-3049_9-33563731.html

So the way I see it, there needs to be a new version of the pricing attribute set that has a field for each retailer and a price for each retailer (the customer rating and reviews for each retailer would be a nice bonus). another nice feature would be the ability to replace the retailer’s name with a logo. I would use data feeds and site spidering to find pricing for a product from each retailer (via product name and/or sku), and the price information would be automatically filled in from those sources. the pricing “module” would then display all retailers that have a price for that product and would not show retailers that don’t have a price for the product. each price would be displayed with a “buy now” button underneath it (linking to the product page for the retailer).

the other component would be the tax + shipping section, which would calculate the total price after a buyer enters his or her zip code. the pricing information would update automatically.

anyone else have any other ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooldar

Total Posts:  95

I am interested in this as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

What’s new on this ?
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

ColinMG

Total Posts:  19

What I would like is this....

A main store.

Sub stores A,B,C etc

A,B,C etc are individual retail stores.

The main store will need to display the products from all the sub stores. Customers can select the goods in the main store, but when ‘add to basket’ is clicked, it brings customer to the relevant sub store, then the sale can be completed there.

The benefits of this is that the main store can be advertised communally by all the retailers and they can also advertise individually, if they wish also.

www.buy4now.ie works along these lines and it seems to work well as they are one of the biggest local e-commerce sites around. this also means that Irish customers are familiar with shopping this way.

Colin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3