Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wrong version reported in Admin after upgrade

elitriona

Total Posts:  106

I upgraded to the latest Magento ver. 1.3.2.3 today. I did so through magento connect.
I was running ver. 1.3.2.1 and first upgraded to 1.3.2.2 and then finally to 1.3.2.3
Everything went perfectly fine and so far have noticed no problems at all, just a curiosity that the admin footer shows the current Magento ver. as 1.3.2.1 instead of the latest which is installed. Magento connect shows all the latest updates installed successfully. Is this just an oversight from the update or is there a legitimate issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/39704/

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately that is more or less just a re-installation of magento on top of an existing install which scares me a little since I run a rather large eCommerce site. All to just change the version number on the footer. There must be a real reason this is happening anyway, it would be nice to know actually what the problem is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Did you check the URL in your pear.ini?
IF this is incorrect then your site will not have been upgraded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

erenaud

Total Posts:  221
Minden, Germany

Hi clorne,
I think your suggestion is the solution to my problem :D

I have made a clone of our store to the subdomain http://dev.mystore.com

this way I was planning to test new extensions, modules, custom developments and core-upgrades.
But the funny thing is: if I use magento connect to upgrade the dev-version, it happens in my live store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mott

Total Posts:  47
Los Angeles, CA

Your clone’s magento connect must still have the urls for your live site. You’ll have to update it to your dev-site. I can’t remember what file it is, but it has to be done.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Pear.ini looks good.
Also in the Magento connect manager, the packages were updated successfully and they show the newer version correctly there. For example,
Mage_All_Latest shows 1.3.2.3 (stable)
Mage_Core_Adminhtml shows 1.3.2.3 (stable)
etc…

The only discrepancy is the footer version numbering in the admin which shows 1.3.2.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

I upgraded using pear and SSH and have the same issue with the footer. The upgrade went through fine but I still show 1.3.2.2 in the footer in the admin screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

Update to the incorrect version displaying in the footer. In the process of installing the beta compiler I was getting errors saying Mage_Core_Modules was not >1.3.2.2, I ran pear to upgrade the core modules and received an ERROR:connect… message.  I tried using the ./pear upgrade -f magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules command and all is correct now on the versions. Something failed on the Core_Modules install the first time running pear without the -f flag. I am using SSH access to do this so I don’t have a fix for Magento Connect users.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Thanks for the reply ibdmanhb. I tried exactly what you did and tried to upgrade via SSH. The upgrade goes smoothly and at the end says the upgrade was ok to 1.3.2.3 BUT when I get into the Magento admin, the version number on the footer STILL says 1.3.2.1

So I am still at a loss at what the problem is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikTejas

Total Posts:  150

hi Guys,

I am also having the same problem while upgrading magento 1.3.0 to 1.3.2.3.
Upgraded version is not visible in admin footer. After some research I have found one solution hope this help someone..
Go to “downloader/pearlib/cache” & empty cache folder entirely ..

Hope this will help. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Interesting idea. I tried clearing the pearlib cache as well, but this did not solve the issue for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikTejas

Total Posts:  150

try to reupgrade the version after clearing cache.. smile . Hope you have the backup of old version & db

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrysrodshop

Total Posts:  5

I had the same problem after upgrading from 1.0xxx to 1.3.2.4 this weekend, but my customer just emailed me about it last night. I found this thread most useful, but it didn’t solve my problem.

Magento Connect shows everything is the new version, and it appears that the new features are working fine, but my customer showed me the old version, and is questioning the upgrade.

I eventually found that /magento/app/Mage.php was hardcoded with the old version. Shouldn’t this file have been upgraded when doing my upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

-Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

In my case it ended up being a file permissions problem. Using the Magento Cleanup Tool to reset the permissions solved the problem for me.

1.  Download Magento Cleanup Tool
2.  Unzip magento-cleanup.php to the root directory where Magento is installed.
3.  Browse to http://yourdomain.com/magento/magento-cleanup.php

As always, back up first!

Magento Community
Magento Community

katzw

Total Posts:  4

I’m having this issue with upgrading 1.6 to 1.8 - the upgrade to 1.8 didn’t actually happen, but Magento Connect says it has, and any subsequent attempts to reinstall end up crashing the site. I tried looking for pearlib as above replies suggest, but the location seems to have changed.

Also, if I run magento-cleanup.php, it eliminates my admin access… which is new. Everything in the SQL table looks normal but it bumps me back to the home page of the site instead of my admin login.

I’m hoping someone out there has some ideas for later versions of this issue?
Thanks smile k

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community