Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog Price Rules keep resetting themselves. Seriously need help here. 

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

I have a single cart rule setup. If you’re part of a certain member group, you get 30% off everything in the catalog. I set the rule up (see screenshots) and it works fine. 2 days later I login as a member of that group and the ‘Special’ price is no longer available on the front end.

Why does Magento keep resetting the rules????

In Picture 9 you can see the Special Price. If I go to the site tomorrow it’ll be gone.

Image Attachments
Picture 8.pngPicture 7.pngPicture 6.pngPicture 9.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

This is a major issue. Price rules are turning themselves off. I’m logged in as a member of a group who should be getting 30% off everything, and I don’t see the discounted price. I then login to the backend, click Save and Apply Rules without making ANY changes to the existing rule, and bam, suddenly the discount is in effect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

I was having the same issue - you need to run a cronjob to keep the rules in place apparantly.

Try adding this to cron if not already there:
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /path/to/cron.php

Haven’t had a problem since

Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

What is /path/to/cron.php? I get the cron job to fix it, but what is the script that needs to run?

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

It might be cron.sh - according to the wiki you can use either cron.php or cron.sh. the php version works for me so I haven’t changed it

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community