Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search Engine Tactics and Strategies. 

sanilbd

Total Posts:  12

The Web is potentially a terrific place to get information on almost any topic.It’s important to give some thought to your search strategy.If you’re more interested in broad, general information, the first place to go is to a Web Directory.  If you’re after narrow, specific information, a Web search engine is probably a better choice.Enlisted here are a couple of strategies that are basically required to conduct a search on major Search engines.

1)Searching by Means of Subject Directories:If you are clear about the topic of your query, start with a Web directory rather than a search engine.  Directories probably won’t give you anywhere near as many references as a search engine will, but they are more likely to be on topic.Web directories usually come equipped with their own keyword search engines that allow you to search through their indices for the information you need.

2)Searching by Means of Search Engines:This is where things start to get complicated.Search engines are trickier than they look!If you understand how search engines organize information and run queries, you can maximize your chances of getting hits on URLs that matter.
And the last but not the least important things.Be specific in your search.Use proper keywords and meta tags.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

arif2

Total Posts:  2

No doubt you have great experience and also I think you are in this field for a long time now so that you can speak in such way lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommerce2001

Total Posts:  35

what is social marketing? i listened it alot but i have confusion about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FrancisD

Total Posts:  4

ecommerce2001 - 10 November 2009 10:46 PM

what is social marketing? i listened it alot but i have confusion about it.

I thinks it’s a social networking strategy to market your products or website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

charlhussey

Total Posts:  3

- Be Careful Where You Submit Your Site.
- Understanding the Three Types of Searches.
- Search Engine Strategies is the leading global conference & expo series that educates delegates on search engine marketing, including optimization and advertising strategies, tactics and best practices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

codex

Total Posts:  26
Lithuania

Use online directories to improve your search engine ranking. That is all what you can do with them. Because the most valuable and most potential customers comes from search engines.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Reeze18

Total Posts:  7

Thank you for this post. It made me aware of what a web directory is. I barely used that before. Now that I know how helpful it is I will definitely use it for my searches. Web directory and Search Engines are the best way to find what yo are looking for.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiropractic websites

Total Posts:  12

SaniBD, are you just writing a stream of consciousness? That barely made sense.

Nobody searches by directory anymore. They’re a joke. The only reason they still exist is because they’re bait for SEO junkies like me. At one time, they were a useful place for finding niche information- those days are long gone now that they’re all spammed to death.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amy43

Total Posts:  2

Yes it is one of the tools to get more traffic to your site but be careful of the forum site you must follow the rules there are certain part in the forum which they will allow to post link and there are some forums that are not open to insert link in your post.

fire magic / built in bbq grills

Magento Community
Magento Community

khulu

Thank you for this post. Now that I know how helpful it is I will definitely use it for my searches.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tramrica

Total Posts:  1

The directory submission will give you increase in search engine rankings

Magento Community
Magento Community

leyas

Good post.Thanks a lot!

If you want more relevant searches for your query,try putting your words within inverted commas.It really works,you know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taylersroberts

Total Posts:  10
Chicago

When you do a search on google like this GOOGLE KEYWORD the engine will pull up all the pages with thoughs 2 words anywhere on the page. So there for your search is not really accurate. What i normally do is search on google like this “GOOGLE KEYWORD” by putting the words in a phrase google will give you more accurate results for the information you are looking for.

I would never waste my time getting information from directory like the person said above “D’s are just for SEO” and they are junk for information. Best way to get information is to go to WIKI or just look at the top ten websites that show up for that keyword and get information from thoughs sites then re write it and add a little so it becomes your own.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taylersroberts

Total Posts:  10
Chicago

When you do a search on google like this GOOGLE KEYWORD the engine will pull up all the pages with thoughs 2 words anywhere on the page. So there for your search is not really accurate. What i normally do is search on google like this \"GOOGLE KEYWORD\” by putting the words in a phrase google will give you more accurate results for the information you are looking for.

I would never waste my time getting information from directory like the person said above \"D\’s are just for SEO\” and they are junk for information. Best way to get information is to go to WIKI or just look at the top ten websites that show up for that keyword and get information from thoughs sites then re write it and add a little so it becomes your own.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Total Posts:  137
Houston

Mother fucking bots on this forum are getting way outta hand. Look at the format of these posts… I know people from India speak broken English(actually most speak perfect English), but more than 1/2 of these posts have to be from bots…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community