Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trying to disable SKU via admin templates

stralytic

Total Posts:  4

I’ve set up a website for a small business which manufactures it’s own products. The client does not require the use of SKU numbers, in fact they find them very annoying.

I’d like to try to disable SKU numbers. I thought maybe I could edit the adminhtml templates file which renders the product editing page, and the SKU field, then use a simple javascript to enter the current unix timestamp into the SKU field. This would ensure the SKU stayed unique and the client would not have to enter a SKU number.

Is this the right approach to what I am trying to achieve? I’m having trouble finding which phtml file in the adminhtml directory renders the product editing page.

Also… how do you change which adminhtml template directory is used to render the admin interface?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stralytic

Total Posts:  4

I’ve found the following in app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/ProductController -> quickCreateAction

if ($product->getSkuAutogenerate()) {
$product->setSku($configurableProduct->getSku() . ‘-’ . implode(’-’, $autogenerateOptions));
}

Anyone know how I can make use of that to help accomplish what I need?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community