Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento calculating incorrect Tax in Admin > Sales > Orders > Create — Help! 

nikonratm

Total Posts:  84

We have two Tax rules set up, once which includes a whole bunch of California rates by zip code, which is set to only apply to Retail customers, and a second rule for the Wholesale Tax class which contains only a 0% rate (which has * for zip / state). What is really frustrating is that this works fine on the front-end, when a customer is logged in as Wholesale they correctly get no tax, however in the back-end Order Create, Magento seems to ignore the tax class and incorrectly apply the California Retail Customer rates.

I have made sure the product / customer / tax classes are all correct (and they must be since it works on the front-end!). I have also tried more than once to “trace back” the process behind determining the tax in the back-end, but as is so often the case with Magento, I simply end up getting nowhere.

1. Anyone have any experience with this issue, and have a possible fix?
2. Can anyone tell me where the actual code that pulls in the tax rate for Admin Order Create is? Frankly I find the Magento framework so confusing I can never trace things back far enough!

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikonratm

Can anyone help here? I found this bug report: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=6198 but I really need a workaround in the meantime, especially since I cant seem to get an update on that bug.

Thanks very much

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikonratm

Where is the love Magento community?
This seems to be a big bug imho, would really appreciated a fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GlennM

Total Posts:  16

This is affecting me too… on 1.3.1.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikonratm

Nice to know its not just in my head wink
Now we just need a fix!

Magento Community
Magento Community

5erTag

Total Posts:  46

hi,

Me to

Magento Community
Magento Community

contactmaanViki

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem..... we have 2 tax classes (one for cusotmer with VAT number and other for customer witout VAT number. It works fine in frontend.. but Ignores the tax class in the backend. I wonder if someone has found any solution since we should need to create orders from backend too (e.g. orders on phone).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Vikas

Magento Community
Magento Community

zoremusa

Total Posts:  33

I have the same issue, anyone can help???
version 1.3.2.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

zoremusa

Total Posts:  33

I see it was supposed to be fixed in 1.4 but is there a way just to replace a few files and not to do a full upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Zaltron

Total Posts:  4

Me too.

I’ve tried all the combinations of tax rules, but the taxes over the ordered products are included in the total amount only if the order is compiled trough the frontend interface.
Instead, from the “create order” option in the backend, they aren’t included.

I use a 1.3.2.4 version of magento; I hope in a quick backport from 1.4 release.

Has anyone find a temp workaround for this annoying bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sajjad365

Total Posts:  21
London, Canada

I have two tax zones as well (entire canada, and one for province only). it should be charging 13% but for any order it is $1-5 more than expect (depending on total amount). e.g. for a $10 purchase, the tax should be $1.13 but its $1.20 or $1.25 which is weird and an EXTREMELY HORRIFIC BUG.

if someone can please help me address another issue. i havent garnered enough attention for it when i post other places in the forum.
problem: i cannot see customer sales receipts in back end. right now i have only 5 orders so i am matching amount in paypal account to “bestsellers” and hoping that’s what they ordered. that’s another HUGE bug.

using 1.3.2.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

jazkat

Total Posts:  154

I came accross the solution here, I haven’t tested it yet though.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/39243/#t210206

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianb421

Total Posts:  196

jazkat - 18 February 2010 11:14 PM

I came accross the solution here, I haven’t tested it yet though.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/39243/#t210206

thanks… this fix works great.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community