Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A question everyone would like to know ! beta .9 to 1

Aus_ratty

Total Posts:  10

Just wondering as a few other people i have been talking to about this project arn’t sure.

Wether if we start working on version .9 beta will it upgrade to the full release at the end of this month ?

Cheers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BlackDesk

Total Posts:  35
San Diego

My question exactly. I have a new client, and would much rather use Magento than Zen Cart, provided I can make a smooth and timely transition from the Beta to Version 1.0. Otherwise, it’s still far too much of a gamble in an actual business scenario. So, for now I’m like the kid who can’t sleep the night before Christmas, hoping that Santa will deliver him a shiny new red bicycle…

Thanks for your response in advance.

Go Team Magento!

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

Considering 1.0 is at most 4 days away, I don’t think there is anything to gain by starting work on .9 and upgrading to 1.0 later.  It’s a good idea to play around with .9 to get a feel for things, but I wouldn’t do any serious work.  Just start fresh with 1.0 when it comes out.  That’s what I am going to do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BlackDesk

San Diego

Sounds like a good plan. However, I do have a recent install that I’ve been working on for another, prior client; will I be able to simply do an upgrade, manual or otherwise?

Thanks for the response!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Nope. 

Varien would like to note that we do not support any upgrade functionality until the stable version of Magento is released. We recommend to make a fresh installation after every new version release. We cannot guarantee that any customization done on the preview version will work for the stable version.

Source: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-to-upgrade-magento-to-a-newer-preview-version/

Magento Community
Magento Community

BlackDesk

San Diego

Thanks for the note.

Great pic, by the way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie