Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Database Backup

dkotecki

Total Posts:  1

I’ve made a backup through Magentos backend… System > Tools > Backups.  I Downloaded it as a backup file (sql.gz) I’m on a cpanel server, and for the life of me I can not figure out how to restore this file.  I’ve looked through the forums and I can’t seem to find anything.  Can someone help? Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TheMew

Total Posts:  16

In CPanel, you will see BACKUP. Click on the picture to get into the BACKUP section and you will see a choice to either backup your entire public_html directory and/or just your MYSQL databases.

If you want to restore your public_html backup, click the RESTORE button and it will walk you through the process.

If you want to restore your MYSQL backup, click the RESTORE selection after choosing the database to restore.

I find it easier and quicker to use the backup section in CPanel rather than the Magento backup tool.

Hope this helps…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community