Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UK and FedEx problems

pippogsm

Total Posts:  11

Hi. I’m curently setting up a site for someone in UK, and I’m stuck at FedEx module.

I set up logging and this is the error I get from FedEx site: Invalid origin country.
You can see below what I have in system log:

2009-07-20T19:18:58+00:00 DEBUG (7): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FDXRateAvailableServicesRequest api="http://www.fedex.com/fsmapi" xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FDXRateAvailableServicesRequest.xsd"><RequestHeader><AccountNumber>406xxxxxx</AccountNumber><MeterNumber>0</MeterNumber></RequestHeader><ShipDate>2009-07-20</ShipDate><DropoffType>REGULARPICKUP</DropoffType><Packaging>YOURPACKAGING</Packaging><WeightUnits>LBS</WeightUnits><Weight>82</Weight><OriginAddress><PostalCode>BH17</PostalCode><CountryCode>GB</CountryCode></OriginAddress><DestinationAddress><PostalCode>SW18</PostalCode><CountryCode>GB</CountryCode></DestinationAddress><Payment><PayorType>SENDER</PayorType></Payment><DeclaredValue><Value>730</Value><CurrencyCode>UKL</CurrencyCode></DeclaredValue><SpecialServices><ResidentialDelivery>true</ResidentialDelivery></SpecialServices><PackageCount>1</PackageCount></FDXRateAvailableServicesRequest>

2009-07-20T19:18:58+00:00 DEBUG (7): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><FDXRateAvailableServicesReply xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><ReplyHeader></ReplyHeader><SoftError><Type>01</Type><Code>61500</Code><Message>Invalid origin country</Message></SoftError></FDXRateAvailableServicesReply>

So the country code it sends is GB, and yet this doesn’t seem to be the right one… ?
You can see my shipping settings in the admin area attached.
I’m confused, If anyone could help me it would be great.

Image Attachments
set.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pippogsm

Nobody? No ideeas??

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I’ve worked with courier software where it needed UK instead of GB, or the other way around. Or in worst case, some form of “England”. Seems to me this may be the case here. Check FedEx API documentation to see which country they expect and then amend it accordingly.

Or… their collection API may not even work for UK pick-up addresses, hence complaining about the origin only. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is US-only deal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

Have you checked how it is handling postal codes?  I noticed that they were only four characters in length in your request.  The US UPS module was trimming the postal code to a length of 5 characters.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pippogsm

J.T. - 26 July 2009 11:29 PM

I’ve worked with courier software where it needed UK instead of GB, or the other way around. Or in worst case, some form of “England”. Seems to me this may be the case here. Check FedEx API documentation to see which country they expect and then amend it accordingly.

Or… their collection API may not even work for UK pick-up addresses, hence complaining about the origin only. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is US-only deal.

Thought about that, and changed the code so that it will send UK instead of GB. Same result.
Also thought about it not working in UK, and tested this: in admin I have set an US origin adress. When getting rates in frontend, all works ok as long as destination country is other than UK!
Again, if I set UK as a DESTINATION, I get this error: Invalid recipient country.

2009-07-29T21:17:33+00:00 DEBUG (7): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><FDXRateAvailableServicesReply xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><ReplyHeader></ReplyHeader><SoftError><Type>01</Type><Code>61451</Code><Message>Invalid recipient country</Message></SoftError>

As a side note, there are users on Magento forum who claim to have it working for UK :(

As far as I know, FedEx uses ISO two-letter code, and for United Kingdom this is GB.

Have you checked how it is handling postal codes?  I noticed that they were only four characters in length in your request.  The US UPS module was trimming the postal code to a length of 5 characters.

I have tryied various postal codes, with different lenghts, same results.
But I’m thinking if the problem was related to postal code, shouldn’t the error say so?

Btw, can you guys test on your sites if you get estimates for UK destinations?

I’m gettin’ desperate with this one… 2 weeks and still can’t make it work.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simonbaby

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
this may be the answer you are looking for.

Fedex is a global brand and their main website is www.fedex.com which is the website that magento connects to.
I use fedex for my shipping but cannot use the module because UK consignments are not dealt with at the .com site.
I have to go to www.fedexuk.net or www.fedex.com/ukservices to enter the parcel details.
If my customer wants to track their parcel and they go to fedex.com, the tracking number is invalid. So i have to add the uk site in my shipping confirm email.
Even worse, if you go to www.fedex.com, there is no link to take you to the uk site.
There is a link for this but it only takes you to a uk page on the .com site, not /ukservices.

I have spoken to fedex and there are no plans to integrate the 2 sites.

Hope this helps solve the mystery.

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Hi,

Same as @simonbaby here, ignore the ‘integrated’ module for Fedex, and use something like the matrixshipping module here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1632/auctionmaid-enhanced-matrixrate--multiple-tablerate-shipping

Setup in this list, your shipping options, Royal Mail, FedEx, Saturday Deliveries and so on… works a treat, even down to Postcode level etc.

But…

The only thing I can’t find out, is how to amend the url in customers account area, that links to ‘Track your Order’.

It brings up the pop-up, which I can find, but if we do select Federal Express as a ship by name, the whole magento program (being USA based & trying to be clever), will not find the UK parcel number we enter, as of course it trys to connect to the USA Fedex still. Had a look around the core code, but a little lost with this one.

Anyone found a workaround to this at all? So that customers can track n trace their order correctly from within their account area?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Why not use the Generic Tracker?

Rgds

Karen

itchytrig - 17 November 2009 03:21 AM

Hi,

Same as @simonbaby here, ignore the ‘integrated’ module for Fedex, and use something like the matrixshipping module here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1632/auctionmaid-enhanced-matrixrate--multiple-tablerate-shipping

Setup in this list, your shipping options, Royal Mail, FedEx, Saturday Deliveries and so on… works a treat, even down to Postcode level etc.

But…

The only thing I can’t find out, is how to amend the url in customers account area, that links to ‘Track your Order’.

It brings up the pop-up, which I can find, but if we do select Federal Express as a ship by name, the whole magento program (being USA based & trying to be clever), will not find the UK parcel number we enter, as of course it trys to connect to the USA Fedex still. Had a look around the core code, but a little lost with this one.

Anyone found a workaround to this at all? So that customers can track n trace their order correctly from within their account area?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Multidots

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

Here is the solution I have found for UK country.

You need to set GB as country code, and UKL as a currency code. That’s it. Your problem with FedEx API got resolved.

I hope this will helps to someone.

Cheers..

Magento Community
Magento Community

SetuBridgeDev

Total Posts:  50

Hello ,

I also want to configure Fedex shipping module for UK store in magento. I have found that Currently magento fedex module doesnt work for the fedex uk. Can u please guide me how can i configure this work for my UK site ?

Thanks , Please help me out from this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SetuBridgeDev

Total Posts:  50

can someone atleast confirm if magento fedex module works for UK country ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

360tvr

Total Posts:  15
East Kilbride

THe FedEX module works fine for shipping OUTSIDE of the UK but I can’t get it to work for shipping INSIDE the UK.

Magento Community
Magento Community

a1anm
Guru

Total Posts:  318

I am also having the same problem.  Trying to send from the UK and getting the Invalid origin country error.

Any solutions yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

KevWilkins

Total Posts:  1

Currently FedEx does not have a Web Service for UK to UK shipping.

This is due to change in the near future

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community