Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Oddities in the checkout process of ver. 0.9.17740

gcoderre

Total Posts:  12
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

First of all, I’m a frenchie. So please forgive my writing!

This is not really an installation problem, but there seems to be no general troubleshooting forum available.
I am using a fresh installation of ver. 0.9.17740, including the sample data. No custom modifications done.

The Problem:

Using the onepage checkout process, when a customer places an order, rather than being taken to checkout/onepage/success, he is being taken back to checkout/cart.

This happens regardless of the customer status (guest or registered), and happens with the following payment methods: Checkmo, Ccsave and Purchaseorder.

The order is being recorded successfully, but since the customer does not hit the success action, his cart is not emptied.

Am I the only one in this situation?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I have same problem. It shows me the ‘checkout/cart’ too with a message:

Shopping Cart is Empty
You have no items in your shopping cart.

This is confusing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Sorry, my mistake! I did another test and it does show the success page. 

On the success page, when I click ‘continue shopping’ it goes to ‘http://www.mysite.com/index.php/
and the page shows ‘No input file specified’.  I guess this is URL rewrites issue?

Now comes the reason I thought it went to ‘ ‘checkout/cart’ was because at the “/index.php/” page, the only way to go back to the site is using the browser’s back button, and when I do this, it brings me to ‘checkout/cart/.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gcoderre

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

In a moment of anger (!!), I uninstalled and reinstalled everything - numerous times - using SVN or ZIP packages, and each time I got a set of errors that happen…

I am developing locally, using Mac OSX 10.5, with Apache 2.2.8, mod_ssl 2.2.8, mod_rewrite, OpenSSL 0.9.7l, DAV 2, PHP 5.2.5, mcrypt 2.5.8, PDO, simplexml 1.151.2.22.2.35 and DOM.

At first glance, i’d say i’m exceeding magento’s system requirements.

Here’s a list of errors I keep getting:

- Connexion is being dropped often, in the front-end and the admin area.
- On the onepage checkout page, no matter what I enter in the password field (When a customer wishes to register), this message appears when I place the order: ”Password must have at least 6 characters. Leading or trailing spaces will be
ignored.

- Placing an order as guest using Checkmo, Ccsave or Purchaseorder brings a customer to /checkout/cart, and not to /checkout/onepage/success

Does someone see a connexion between those errors?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gcoderre

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

By the way, I have version 0.7.14800 and 0.7.15480 installed on the same system, without a problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

I was going to say maybe I get the success page because I haven’t had the SSL installed, but if you can get the page in 0.7x, maybe this is not the issue.

Lot of changes were made since 0.9x , did you use the same onepage file from v0.7x? It was a common mistake I made in every beta release until 0.9x smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

gcoderre

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

No long face

All the installations of 0.9x I made are pristine SVN exports or ZIP package downloads… Some of them installed using the sample data and SQL, some of them without it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community