Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

configurable products

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

error message: “value of attribute ‘size’ must be unique”

meaning what? im trying to create a configurable product, just like in the video tutorial. the only problem is that after i create 1 configurable product it seems i can’t use that attribute again? does this mean i have to create the a different (but same) attribute for each configurable item?

edit: nevermind, i seem to have found a problem with how it was configured in the product attribute settings in the backend, problem solved

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crystaldi02

Total Posts:  21
Fontana

How did you figure it out. I’m having the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

the attribute has to be setup as not unique and global, if i remember correctly. this was a while ago.

Magento Community
Magento Community

crystaldi02

Total Posts:  21
Fontana

The answer

1. If you get an error message that say Value of attribute ‘attribute’ must be unique. It only means that the attribute
(such as small, medium, and large) are already being used by another product.
Scroll down to where it says, “Super product attributes configuration” and click on “Reset Filter” button
You’ll see a bunch of products with the same attributes. For example, you may see
HapkidoGear Black T-Shirt-Small
- 106 HapkidoGear Black T-Shirt-Medium
- 107 HapkidoGear Black T-Shirt-Large
- 108 HapkidoGear Black T-Shirt-X Large,
- 109 HapkidoGear Black T-Shirt-XX Large
- 117 Cloth Knee Pads-X Small

Pay only attention to the last words (x small, Small, medium, large, x large)
Select the check boxes to the left of each row. You will see the size attributes appear on the area just above.

2. Click “Save and Continue” or “Save” (This is a must)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community