Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sort Related Products in Random

payot

Total Posts:  7

Hello Friends,

I have 2 problem as follows, would you please advise

1- In related product part it seems that only five related product shows on site and also this products are shown in order of product ID, How can I show them in random?

2-In up-sell part,when I add many product like 25 products, then all these products shown in a page which cause the page too big and hard to load, is it possible to have this in ajax type or any other methode to reduce loading time.

Best Regards,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Are you just setting up your related products manually? In the related products tab of the edit product admin there is a ‘Position’ field. Put numbers in there to sort your related products.

With regards to loading upsell via ajax, here’s a thread on how to load blocks via ajax:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19933/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community