Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.2.2 Product save hangs and throws SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout

viktorlantos

Total Posts:  20
Budapest, Hungary

after we’ve upgraded magento a few weeks ago to the latest this worked fine. sometimes i got the same hangs too before - i had to restart mysql or my vps and that helped.

but now it looks like i am unable to do anything except process the orders.

whatever product i try to modify, clone, create new product, clear cache i got errors
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1205 Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

restarted mysql result is the same.

any idea what is happening? because of this i am unable to update any product.

i would be happy to pay for professional help too as this become a real issue for us.

shop page is: www.greenaqua.hu

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Finn

Total Posts:  75
Finland & The Netherlands

Hi

I ran into the same error message a few days ago after applying a workaround for this issue http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/49599/. It occurred after saving a product, pageload timeout (blank page), clicking ‘back’ and saving again gave me the same message.

Eventually it seemed my 6,5 million rows in the ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ table were causing a very very long re-indexing session (reply no. 6). I beleive this long indexing lock the ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ table so any consecutive save will give an error. If you have a large number of rows in this table it might be the cause. I solved it by letting it finish up during the night and taking a look the next morning.

I’m curious if it’s actually related…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kammalou

Total Posts:  285
Denmark

MySql - innodb_lock_wait_timeout

Defines the time for a transaction may take before it’s rolled back.
The default value is 50 unless somethingelse is defined in /etc/my.cnf

Magento Community
Magento Community

viktorlantos

Total Posts:  20
Budapest, Hungary

Thanks for your help guys.

you could not believe it, but this caused by a bundled product where i used % pricing.
with this magento generated extremely lot of db request for EVERY other products. And killed the DB actions with the error above. Or stopped the whole SLQ server.

will submit this as a bug to the magento team.
caused 2 weeks to me meanwhile this was only a product in a db....

Magento Community
Magento Community

codegreene

Total Posts:  19

You may have some luck with the solution posted here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31666/

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbabaev

Total Posts:  83

viktorlantos - 29 July 2009 01:55 AM

Thanks for your help guys.

you could not believe it, but this caused by a bundled product where i used % pricing.
with this magento generated extremely lot of db request for EVERY other products. And killed the DB actions with the error above. Or stopped the whole SLQ server.

will submit this as a bug to the magento team.
caused 2 weeks to me meanwhile this was only a product in a db....

did you find a solution for this? i am having the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community