Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: 

PhilNG

Total Posts:  12

I need help changing the script to fit hostgator. Have anyone done it before?

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: (null)(null)/home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data/ko.xml:2780: parser error : out of memory error in /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data.php on line 146
Trace:

#0 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data.php(146): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home/runinsty/...’, 146, Array)
#1 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data.php(217): Zend_Locale_Data::_findRoute(’/home/runinsty/...’)
#2 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data.php(231): Zend_Locale_Data::_getFile(’ko’, ‘/ldml/localeDis...’, ‘type’, false, Array)
#3 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale/Data.php(787): Zend_Locale_Data::_getFile(’ko’, ‘/ldml/localeDis...’, ‘type’, false, Array)
#4 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale.php(594): Zend_Locale_Data::getContent(’ko_KR’, ‘/ldml/localeDis...’, ‘type’)
#5 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/lib/Zend/Locale.php(611): Zend_Locale::getTranslation(’ko_KR’, ‘language’, ‘ko’)
#6 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php(246): Zend_Locale::getLanguageTranslation(’ko’, ‘language’, ‘ko_KR’)
#7 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php(219): Mage_Core_Model_Locale->_getOptionLocales(’ko’, ‘ko_KR’)
#8 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Page/Footer.php(67): Mage_Core_Model_Locale->getTranslatedOptionLocales(true)
#9 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/footer.phtml(29): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Page_Footer->getLanguageSelect()
#10 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/runinsty/...’)
#11 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView()
#12 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#13 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#14 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#15 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml()
#16 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(79): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’footer’, true)
#17 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/runinsty/...’)
#18 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’footer’)
#19 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#20 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#21 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#22 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(347): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#23 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/DashboardController.php(41): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#24 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(376): Mage_Adminhtml_DashboardController->indexAction()
#25 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(248): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#26 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(’index’)
#27 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/app/Mage.php(459): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#28 /home/runinsty/public_html/paths/index.php(65): Mage::run()

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Hi there

First of all check that you really have enough memory to run Magento. The memory limit for PHP should be at least 64MB, preferably higher.

Not sure whether this might help but you can also try to reduce the number of available locales that need to be loaded.
Note though that I don’t know whether this might break Magento or not (it did not when I tested, but you never know...)

Go to the file /app/etc/config.xml.
Make a backup of the file!!
Then have a look at the part

<locale>
            <
allow>
                <
codes>

There you will find a long list with country codes - remove all that you definitely do not need and save the file. You might need to clear your cache afterward.

Note that these changes will most likely be overwritten the next time you update Magento. If you know how to write custom modules maybe you can try to override the allowed locales in the config.xml of one of the modules.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilNG

Yeah the changing the file limit on php I already done and most people do that though. But I’m guessing the problem is that it tries to load to much locales in that file and since my hosting is a shared plan I’m guessing it won’t allow that many load process at once? I’m not really a code writer but If anyone else is and want to post answer go right on ahead because I think other people with hostgator have the same problems too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Luxembourg

Maybe removing any unused locales from config.xml helps as well - as I haven’t got this error yet I can’t tell.

Magento certainly reads a lot of data to have the languages and countries displayed properly in the language select box on the admin. But when I measure the memory usage on my system for this part, this needs about 200 KB of memory, which is not really huge.

So I am not sure why this happens, but the main thing is that you got it to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilNG

Thank you, Claudia. May I ask if the Currency code are loaded too when that error pops up? I can delete a lot more currency code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Luxembourg

I doubt it. When you check the trace of the error it happens when creating the footer for the admin part and there you only have the language selection, no currency selection.

And don’t forget that removing stuff like this might break Magento (although I doubt it, but you never know...). So better don’t remove anything unless it causes problems.

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilNG

I installed another one, and remove like 15 codes but error still happen, you think i should remove all the area codes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Luxembourg

Hmm. This looks like the number of locales is not the actual reason for this problem. I was wondering about that anyway since loading all locales just takes about 200Kb of memory on my system (according to php’s memory_get_usage()), so not enough to normally cause problems.

Could you test what happens when you try to disable all but one of the locales? Don’t forget to clear your cache afterwards - maybe the data is already cached so yuor changes do not take effect.

Also try to disable the entire language select in the template app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/footer.phtml - does that help?

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

maksum

Total Posts:  3

I am getting this as well… also on a Hostgator shared deal.  Happens to me when I try to log in after I’ve been timed out… seems when I refresh it, it will be fine.

Eager to see if there is a solution.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

niroonline

Total Posts:  19

Did anyone find solution for this issue ?  I am also having the same issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

riptide

Total Posts:  1

I too am experiencing the same problem on Hostgator.  I thought it was a permission problem related to PHPSuExec on shared accounts, but I’ve changed all the file/folder permissions, and I’m still getting the error/warning upon login.  As mentioned previously, hitting the back button or refresh makes it go away, but I can’t help but think this may cause problems later if I just ignore it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

loudnproud

Total Posts:  2

i’ve run into this also. i’m on the hostgator shared “business” plan. i ran the install once and it gave me this error, tried it again for good measure and worked fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

escolastico

Total Posts:  2

Do you need modify a php.ini file replace 64M to 128M and create a cgi-bin folder, because the php.ini file requires a cgi-bin folder in a root directory

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community