Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking for feedback on my site

mano1192

Total Posts:  50

http://www.reefjunglelive.com

I used a theme purchased from a design site and then tweaked from there. I havent added any adds or flash widgets yet, but am working on it. What do you guys think so far? Any constructive critism??
thnx,
Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Not bad, however to many shoops use “modern” theme.  And the header looks not sized properly in firefox 1.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

AtomixMachines

Total Posts:  11

i really like the “quick overview” thing you did. how did u do that, if you dont mind me asking?? i dont need EXACTLY that, but what i need can easily be derived from it. smile

super duper.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

The site looks very clean. Nice job!

Magento Community
Magento Community

smkorby

Total Posts:  31

The home page appears badly broken in Firefox 3.5 on the Mac. Screen shot attached.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

mano1192

Adjustware - 18 July 2009 11:06 AM

Not bad, however to many shoops use “modern” theme.  And the header looks not sized properly in firefox 1.5

Thanks for the reply, what is shoops? Could you please elaborate on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mano1192

thanks for the replies and kind words. The pics were broken for a while until i added a new “table type” into my reset.css file to basically force the table to have the proper spacing between images.

I have added a flash banner widget to the top of the home page and added many more descriptions and products. I will be linking in the authorize.net info this week and finalizing our shipping contract with fed ex. We hope to go live in a week or 2 smile

I am having a problem with the RSS feed no longer working, maybe its just my outlook but I doubt it. I think it has something to do with me moving the magento install folder to the server root directory. Can someone validate that the RSS feed is not working also so i know its just not my computer >>> http://www.reefjunglelive.com/corals.html?SID=13ebbaeaa1e926534ab708f37a8b3e1d Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mano1192

AtomixMachines - 24 July 2009 05:14 PM

i really like the “quick overview” thing you did. how did u do that, if you dont mind me asking?? i dont need EXACTLY that, but what i need can easily be derived from it. smile

super duper.

@Atomic- I created a new table class in my reset.css file so that we could use a nice clean table for the product statistics. I was not sure what the final look of the table would end up being so I chose to use a table class so that all tables will update when I edit the info in the css file. So basically it is nothing more than a simple table.

My goal was to have a graphic looking table that was not too big and not too small so when you compare products it looks very clean and professional. Having a clean site that focuses on the products more than the navigation and graphics was my biggest goal from the start of this site.

thanks,
Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

mano1192 - 08 August 2009 05:04 PM

Sorry for the typo, I meant ‘shops’, e-commerce websites running Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

mano1192

Adjustware - 09 August 2009 02:07 AM

mano1192 - 08 August 2009 05:04 PM

Sorry for the typo, I meant ‘shops’, e-commerce websites running Magento

that wasnt modern theme, it was a purchased theme from, not sure if they created it from the ‘modern’ theme your speaking of. Is the header still too large for you, are you referring to the main logo? or the actual header table?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community