Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP 5.2 upgraded to 5.3 and now Magento wants to Reinstall

Frank G

Total Posts:  22

Hello All,

I was running magento perfectly fine on PHP 5.2 Windows 2003 Server. I had to upgrade to become PCI DSS complaint and all went well. I’ve tested PHP on the server using:

<?php
phpinfo( );
?>

And that shows fine but when I go to my website to load up the home page of Magento it is giving me this error:

Error: Please check for sufficient write file permissions
Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions, which this web based downloader requires.

I have manually set permission on my server’s website to all folder to have Write permission I also used Filezilla to give full permission on ALL folders using CHM 777 and still getting this error.

Why is Magento trying to reinstall itself when it is already installed and how do I correct this?

Thanks for any help!!!
Frank

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community