Magento Forum

Filter Search-Results

jog

Total Posts:  17
Herford / Germany

Hello there,

I am wondering if I can easily activate the filter options for the serach result as they show up while browsing the categories?

Any hint would be apreciated.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jog

Total Posts:  17
Herford / Germany

I apoligize for re-posting. I was hoping the final version would allow filters on search result. But as it doesnt, I am asking again. And trying to describe my problem a little better:

In the categories I have these filters on the left side ( filer: manufacturer, color, whatever ) which is really handy.

But when I do a search, those filters dont show up. I really need them in the search as well.

Did anyone already implement filters for the search and is willing to give me a hint?

TY,

Jog

Magento Community
Magento Community

danieln

Total Posts:  131
Mainz, Germany

Hello jog,

I’ve just played around with it. I encountered just shifting some xml nodes wouldn’t do the trick. You’ll propably need to add some lines of code supplying the result page with getProductCollection(). I’m not sure if this is working on a search result though. But for a start, take a look at those xml files to get an idea where to beginn: app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalogsearch.xml and app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalog.xml

Best regards,
Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Check out these extensions Search AutoComplete & Suggest Pro. They greatly improve the quality and relevance of search results: http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/search-autocomplete-suggestions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community