Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.1.1 to 1.3.2.2 - Wrong attribute group ID

bkscott

Total Posts:  137
Sacramento

Hello,
I’m very new to magento. a couple months ago installed 1.3.1.1 and played around with it some. today i decided to try to upgrade it via magento connect. i think what i did at this point is what screwed up my site. i didnt realize i was supposed to paste in a key. i clicked the “check for upgrades” button, it ran for a minute or so, then refreshed the page. many of the items were now highlighted an off yellow color and had additional items on their individual drop down menus. i went to each item and selected the newest stable version, then clicked the button to install them. after it installed them my website died.

i get this error if i try to load the admin or the storefront:

Error in file"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.66-0.7.67.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.66', '0.7.69')
#2 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.66', '0.7.69')
#3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(455): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\magento\index.php(65): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

is there a way for me to fix this or do i need to delete everything and start over? the site is still in testing phases so im not opposed to starting over. If starting over is the best bet, then what is the best approach to doing that?

magento is currently on a windows xp machine, i was testing it from another windows xp machine with firefox.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

w4yward

Total Posts:  35

Did you ever solve this issue, I’m in the midst of it right now on a live site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benxico

Total Posts:  53

Hello,

we have found an issue this week smile

For us it was just because we have made a test with a new attribute set than we didn’t finish.

So this new attribute set called “test” was empty, we have just created the set and we did not continue the test and created an attribut in this set.

For the upgrade, we get the error wrong attribute id, because there is no attribute so the upgrade script can’t find the attribute he want to change.

To resolve the problem we have juste delete the attribute set in the magento admin :
Catalog -> Attribute -> Manage Attribute Sets

Hope it could help someone smile

Bests Regards,

Benxico

PS : sorry for my bad english wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Velite

Total Posts:  86

Here is what we found out about this (it overlaps with that what benxico says): http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/53237/

- Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community