Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I get the js Calendar selector in a frontend form? 

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

I am hoping that someone could explain how to get the little calendar for forms to work on the frontend.

In the admin panel, all those date fields have a little js calendar that pops up to choose a date.  How can I add this to a form on the frontend?

It seems like the Block for the page needs something, but I can’t figure out what.

Anyone know the trick to getting the little calendar to work?

addit- another thing - when you add a date option to a product, why doesn’t that use the little calendar to fill in the form?  It uses some basic and ugly little combination of drop downs.  Why wouldn’t it have the nice little calendar as an option instead?  Bah…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

I tried this just a couple minutes ago and it didn’t work:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/how_to_add

Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

In Magento ver. 1.3.x apparently the solution is very simple… Just go to System >> Config >> Catalog >> Date and Time Custom Options.  Hope this helps somebody!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community