Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Choosing shipping based on payment

aarne

Total Posts:  130

It would be nice option to be able to “pin” or whatever certain shipping methods to certain payment. Meaning that when a payment method has been chosen, only certain shipping methods are shown.

For example:

We have 4 payment methods and 4 shipping options.

With payment 1 and 3 we can use shipping method 3 and 4. So only those methods would be shown when payment has been chosen.

This also probably means that you have to be able to change the choosing logic for payment to be before shipping. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

aarne - can you please give us a real life example of how this is going to be used.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

R. Maeda

Total Posts:  9

For example
In BRAZIL we have PAGSEGURO (payment gateway) that only uses PagSeguro Shipping.

We also have to Setup Paypal for international customers that uses Exporta Facil (shipping method)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netcrawle

Total Posts:  11

I second these suggestions. Another real-world-example from me then:

When a customer chooses COD (Cash on Delivery is a shipping-method at the Royal Norwegian Postalservice) which has a surcharge to it, it costs more than sending an ordinary package, becayse the Postalservice charges you for accepting payment on your behalf. This means that we have to have a spesific payment-method for this (lets call it COD as well), which has this surcharge attached.

Now these dependancies go both way, whatever comes first doesn’t really matter - the importance in this example is to say thay if you choose COD, you only have -1- payment-method (or shipping-method) available.

Hope I didn’t ramble too much and that my point got through smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community