Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error saving products to categories; displaying products

bradartigue

Total Posts:  3

I’m continuing to evaluate Magento and thought I was close to having a working model, but was wrong - here’s where I need help.

I used the SOAP API to import about 70 categories (some are sub-categories).  The imports appear to be fine, in category manager everything shows up, saves, etc., properly.  When I go to Products and try to add a product to any category I get this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setData() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ob8\app\code\core\Mage\Eav\Model\Config.php on line 647

I get the same error when I enter the site as a user and click on any category.

Any ideas would be helpful - we’re trying to evaluate this product for a 32,000 or so item database (490 categories) and I’m starting to think it isn’t anywhere near up to the task - and I hope I’m wrong b/c the interfaces are beautiful.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jared

Total Posts:  21

What did you have to do to fix it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community