Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Gift Wrap Payment

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hi

I guess i am becoming a bit of a pain with loads of requests smile

If possible can we add a gift wrap option like the shipping one, 40% of my products are gifted wrapped that we charge for and i could not run the business without the option.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

I second the request for gift wrap options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WisdOMbooks

Total Posts:  144
Kolkata (Calcutta) - INDIA

Can’t this be achieved by adding an attribute
to be called (what else?) wrapping
with, say, 3 choices for your customer:

- Standard Wrap (+ 3 $)
- DeLuxe Wrap (+ 5 $)
- NO, thank you!

Or, perhaps,… you need something else / more?

Just a suggestion…

CIAO: A n g e l o

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

that is one way of doing it, certainly. it would be nice however to just have something in the admin / payment / checkout area that says “allow gift wrap yes or no,” and “set price”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandre Queiróz

Total Posts:  43
Brazil

It will be nice if we have this option on control panel.

Alexandre.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brad_frost

Total Posts:  20

Is there a way to implement a gift wrap option on the “View Cart Page” so a gift wrap checkbox is added to each product? When the checkbox is selected and the cart is updated, the price would adjust accordingly?

Or, would another way of handling it would be to create a virtual product called gift wrap and somehow get that to display on the checkout page automatically?

Any suggestions on how best to implement a gift wrap option would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

michaelc

Total Posts:  64
Qld, Australia

We’ve just implemented this as a checkout option under shipping using a duplicated Table Rate module.

So the customer gets to select Standard Shipping, “Standard Shipping with Giftwrap”, or Express. Each are set to calculate shipping based on weight, but for the Giftwrap option, we have increased the weight value to account for extra handling per item.

We have only just launched the option for our customers, seems to be working OK so far… just a workaround until there is a purpose built option for this.

Hope this idea helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RichardX

Total Posts:  17

@michaelc

That route would be be a suitable work around for my client - could you post up in more detail how you did it?
Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

michaelc

Total Posts:  64
Qld, Australia

@RichardX,

FIrst up, have a read of the following forum post. It explains how to duplicate the shipping table rates in detail… seems a little convoluted at first, but works well. Look halfway down the first page for antoni vidal explanation. see:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8647/

I added two extra as described and used one for express post and one for standard with gift wrap. Once you have done this, you will need to work out the more finer details of how you want to implement the charges. What we did was standardize the weight values for our product range, set the base handling fee, and then calculate the dollar increments needed for the weight range we were using....

We used exactly the same setup for express but just increased the handling fee.

However, for the standard shipping with gift wrap, we added a nominal fee to each weight value in the table rates…

The rest of it should be simple enough....

Just make sure you understand how the table rates work, and what will work best for your client...i.e. Weight, Price or number of items, as well as if you will calculate the handling fee based on fixed or percentage rates.

To ensure the options are clear to you customer, add a numeric value to the sort order. This will rank the shipping options by priority, or in order of how you want them to see it..i.e. “0” will be first (top) then 1 , 2 , etc....

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChrisShed

Total Posts:  2

The table rates solution doesn’t work for me has anyone found a way to add a set amount based on the number of products in the cart that can be added to the total for the cart separate from the shipping charges?

Just a per item handling fee that can be added to the total would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

UK

Hi,

If someone would like to build this module with the option to select a gift wrap in the checkout, and also I can selected the amount to charge in the admin, I would be happy to pay for this.

If anyone else would like this please let the programmer know.

I happy to play £50 if its open to everyone, and Im sure others will as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

UK

Hi,

If someone would like to build this module with the option to select a gift wrap in the checkout, and also I can selected the amount to charge in the admin, I would be happy to pay for this.

If anyone else would like this please let the programmer know.

I happy to play £50 if its open to everyone, and Im sure others will as well.

If no one else is interested in this but a programmer would still like to do this please PM me and we can talk about cost..

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Total Posts:  59

Hello,

Did you try adding this via custom options? If yes, why didn’t it work for you?

I might try to help, just would like to better understand why current functionality doesn’t work for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

We could do with this as well.
The custom option could work but it would be nice to have an option in the cart / checkout to giftwrap the entire order.
I’ve seen forum posts about adding custom entry fields to the checkout - but not adding a cost to the order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

jellybabys - 26 March 2008 02:11 AM

If possible can we add a gift wrap option like the shipping one

Hi,

We have just released Extra Fee extension.  It allows you to charge for providing gift wrap service.  Live demo available at http://store.aitoc.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

janakiraman

Total Posts:  1

Hey i just come out of the extension. It solves my issue. Try this extension.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2209/gift-wrapper

When a customer adds product in shopping cart, it allows the customer to select or skip Gift Wrap option. Once the customer selects the Gift wrap option, the system displays various images of gift wrap and then will be added as fee. Customer can also enter Gift message, like “Happy birthday to Joe”. The order information includes this Gift message as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2