Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Improve more views image on product page

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hi

The more viewa images on the product page in my option would work better if when you hover over them or click them they come up in the image box above like the large image so they can zoom in and out on them or move them around and not open in a new box, i hate when i have to keep closing image boxes, would this be possible ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulAlford

Total Posts:  64
Summerville, SC

AND, there is no need for the multiple images to show the thumbnail.  Its too small to see anything and a waste to have showing there

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

I think that while the zoom box is good to prevent a “first approach theft” of your images, it’s function is rapidly disabled by the other image maximize process (that you can steal with a right click). So, in my humble opinion, there should be a quick way to disable the zoom box and give place to the common and always pleasant Lightbox maximization.

Please give us Lightbox! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

point4design

Total Posts:  104

I’m looking for similar functionality as the original post in this thread. Has anyone done this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

Hey guys,

We created a zoom/lightbox extension out of necessity for our clients that would work well for you. We’re releasing it to everyone as Product Zoom PRO.  It allows for multiple views, instant main image swapping with other views, hover-based magnification, lightbox enlarge, and our new Redstage SuperZoom, which allows customers to change magnification strength with the scroll wheel.  And it’s the only one we’ve ever used on a real world site that actually works properly in Chrome.

If you’re interested, check it out here: http://store.redstage.com/product-zoom-pro.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

You can try Color Swatches Pro that helps to present products in a great way. The extension lets view image details with elegant zoom and lightbox effects. Moreover, it lets use images for attributes selection and but configurables right from the category pages.

You can find out more at http://amasty.com/color-swatches-pro.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community