Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can you turn off the shopping cart? 

timbor

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

Might be a silly question.  I really like the features that this software has, however.  Can u use it without the shopping cart.  Such as to build a review website?

or to be able to showcase products from other websites that you do not sell?

I cant seem to be able to switch anything in admin area, So i though I would ask here.  Any help would be appreciated.  Cheers!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

Hi Timbor,

I don’t think there is a feature in Magento right now to do that.

However, you can always just modify the template to remove all the Add To Cart button.

Truly yours,

Jean-Luc B.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Hi Timbor,

You can mark product as Enabled, but out of stock
This way product will be visible on the front end, but will not have the add to cart button.
You will need to modify templates if you do not want to show links such as: shopping cart and checkout, probably also login, and my account.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community