Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how do I move site from local server to web server? 

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I search everywhere but couldn’t find this info.

I want to move my current 0.917x site from local server to the web server.  I installed the magento in the web server using the same admin login in, imported localhost’s mysql database and replaced all modified files including everything in the the ‘lib’ directory; the web server requires a prefix (account user name) in the database and I don’t know which file to find to edit the admin login and database name info.

I checked every file shows in the error page, but I can’t anything related to mysql database name and login info.

Please helps!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Nobody knows?

Though Magento isn’t other CMS, but I want to say other CMS I use have documentations for moving server from local (or web) to web, and I hope Magento has one too.

If I could figoure out where to modify the login info, I probably can take care of the rest.

Should I cry a bit so that I can get a sympathetic and compassionate response?

Magento Community
Magento Community

seDev

Total Posts:  51

Hello Chinesedream,

The file you need that specifies the database info is:
App - etc - local.xml

I think that is the only change you need to make.

Best,

Seamus

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Hi seDev,

Great!!! Thank you.

My site shows up instantaneously smile