Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cart Level Quantity Breaks

jwpadgett

Total Posts:  69

Can Magento’s cart or catalog price rules do the following:

All of my items have item-level quantity breaks. The first break level is at 25 pieces. I want a user to get the item price break if their cart qty meets the break threshold.

Example:
item a:
price: $10
qty break >=25: $9

item b:
price: $11
qty break >=25: $10

Cart:
item a x 12 @ $9 each
item b x 13 @ $10 each

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Yudi

Total Posts:  51

Just configure product under tag “Prices”. There is an option called “Tier Price” which is exactly what you want. For item a add a tier that 25 and above costs $9. You can even add more tiers, for 50+ and 100+ and so on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwpadgett

Total Posts:  69

Thanks, but I must not have been clear in my explanation. I am aware of Magento’s item level quantity breaks and would be employing them, but I need to trigger a qty break discount if the total qty of all products in the basket adds up to a qty break threshold. In my example I show that the two items added to the cart would not be enough alone to trigger the standard, item level, quantity breaks. But, if their quantities are added together you get 25 and therefore the quantity break would be applied to both. Confusing I know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

huzie

Total Posts:  1

just jumping on the wagon!

I would also be interested to know if this is possible.

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community