Magento Forum

Affiliate Program

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

edited due to finding my question on the features page....sry

But i would like to know as i could not find a answer for this one (sry if it has), will any release include an in-house Affiliate Program or will this have to be outsourced?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

If I’m understanding you correctly, it’s already there.  There is a “Create Order” button when you are editing a customer.  However, it may not be quick enough to create the order and process it while on the phone with the customer, because you have to also create an account for them first.  I also have the same functionality in my osCommerce store, but we write down all of the order information while on the phone, and then create the order later.  Even if everything was laid out on one screen and very concise, it wouldn’t work in my case.  Our sales guy is a very slow typer, so he would have to BS on the phone with the customer for awhile while trying to type everything in.  Much easier just to write it down and do it later.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Sorry i did edit the post due to finding the answer in the feathers page,

The only problem with writing orders down in my experience is, 1, if your write the numbers down wrong or address you look a little stupid calling them back, 2 its not very secure have paper with CC numbers on them. 3, if the payment fails for some reason again you need to call the customer back.

You said it is slow? the one i use is pretty quick, i can place an order within a few mins and even quicker if they have signed up for an account before but had problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

It’s quick enough for me, but I don’t take phone calls or do sales.  The guy who does is a very slow typer.  It would literally take him 10 minutes to create an account and process the order.  Out of the thousands of phone orders taken that way, only a small handful have required call backs, and they were usually due to declined credit card numbers.  All paper is immediately shredded as soon as the order is put in, and that is done right after hanging up with the customer.  It’s not ideal, but it’s the only way we can do it until we can get a fast typer who also knows the products well.  It seems like all the guys in the business that really know the products and how to sell are not very good with computers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kcren

Total Posts:  12
Richmond, VA (Worldwide)

This Magento affiliate connector probably does what you want:

http://www.priacta.com/code/magento-affiliate/magento-post-affiliate-pro.php

In Magento Connect: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/930/post-affiliate-pro-connector

Integrates PAP affiliate management directly into Magento. No code edits or other ugliness. Lets you connect any phone/manual order to any affiliate and adds other features. Works very well for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community