Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error 500 on configurable product with over 20 Associated products

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

Hi,

There is a bug in Configurable Products.

If I have 20 Associated Products for 1 Configurable Product, everything works fine.

As soon as I want to add one more Ass. Product, I can’t see the Configurable Product from the frontend, it gives me and 500 Internal Server Error…

Anyone else is facing this issue ?

Thank you,

Jean-Luc B.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wsp

Total Posts:  6

Hmm.. could it really be a bug - or “only” a performance-problem about CPU/-Script-Time-Limit?

I’ve the same problem with Magento 1.0.  I’v a configurable product with two attributes size & color. I have to choose between 40 colours (fourty!)… an 6 sizes…

When I autocreat the simple product it works fine until e.g. 15 products.... after that, the performance break und the detailed view of the configurable product in frontend will be veeeerrry slow..... - one ore two simple-products (means colors/size) more the server runs in an 500-Error… I think these is about the limits of CPU / or Script-Time… :-(

Why does the performance go away when there are 15 ore more combinations of attributes posible??  I’m on a managed server (domainfactory) with power enoug - the rest of the shop (inkl. basekt-view) etc. works very fast....

Has someone an idea??

Thanks

Rolf

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

If it’s an error 500, what you just don’t look up in you apache log ?
In order to have more informations…

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsp

Total Posts:  6

ryu007 - 19 April 2008 03:00 PM

If it’s an error 500, what you just don’t look up in you apache log ?
In order to have more informations…

I only found this:
Premature end of script headers:  ../magento/index.php

But at time, I think there IS a bug in configurable - products. I could resolve the problem of the 500-error, when i uncheck all the simple-products included in the configurable-product and then save. After re-include the simple-products in the configurable-product it works fine.
Also with 40 different colors…

I’ll observe it again, when I create the other sizes with 40 colours.... but with two configurable-products at now i had the same effect - and could it resolve on this way…

But it’s hard work… also with the “fast-create-possebility” to “make” the simple products in a configurable-product… By 40 colours you have 40x to choose the size, then choose the colour, then give the stock - and then click to proceed… - and that for every size… puuh....
These are 240 procedures for ONE configurable-product :-( - but this wil be the discussion in “automate"-Thread…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community