Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Found the problem for blank Front end page

samho

Total Posts:  10

Hi All,

Was struggling last few day for version 0.9x magento. Was upgrading my magento from 0.8.16x to 0.9.17.  After trial and error. Finallu found out that the problem is actually due to the database. When i tried on newly created database, everything work fine. When i reinstall back the magento on my existing database (version 0.8.16). The blank frontend page back again. :(

Anyone can help? am i able to use back my old database? i have hundred products inside and do not wish to upload them again. Please enlighten me. Thanks

regards,
sam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

How about exporting mysql table of your products from 0.816x only, then import to 0.917 and the v1.0?

This is what I plan to do.

Oh, I forgot to mention, there is quite a bit of changes since v0.917x, so you may have to do it with extreme care.
I only started adding products in v0.917, and is still worry there may have significant changes in Attributes.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community