Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Remove Price from Product Page

FrinkInk

Total Posts:  7

This is killing me. I’m trying to remove the bottom price (in the same box as Qty and the Add to Cart button) from the product page. I’ve tried commenting parts from the pages below but haven’t had any luck. I’ve also tried messing with the ‘price’ attribute.  My sanity thanks you.

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml, price.phtml

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

In my theme I just edited boxes.css to remove the price on the product page. Just set it to display:none;

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/price_clone.phtml

comment out

<?php echo $this->getPriceHtml($_productfalse'_clone'?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

elvacan10

Total Posts:  2
new jersey

was actually looking into the same thing so any help provided will be greatly welcomed :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

Did my solution not work? Any feedback on that? When i commented that line out it removed the price from the area near the quantity box and add to cart button…

Magento Community
Magento Community

FrinkInk

I didn’t try CT Schubert’s suggestion but PollyPlummer’s CSS tip did the trick. Thank you everyone for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

IDH-LA

Total Posts:  59

pollyplummer - 13 July 2009 06:47 PM

In my theme I just edited boxes.css to remove the price on the product page. Just set it to display:none;

this works like a charm for what i need. but it’s now in styles.css (line 713) for 1.4.1, in case anyone else runs into this problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

7 uur

Total Posts:  23
The Netherlands / Holland

CT Schubert - 14 July 2009 10:44 AM

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/price_clone.phtml

comment out

<?php echo $this->getPriceHtml($_productfalse'_clone'?>

Thanks Schubert, it did exaclty what you told it would do. I have only one configurable product, it showed the price twice on the product page, and i need only one display of the price.

thx
remko

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bart Simpson

Total Posts:  14

Being extremely lazy and preferring my code to be an ugly hack of bodged effort I added this line to app/design/frontend/default/THEME/template/catalog/product/view/type/configurable.phtml

<script>
$$(
'div.product-shop .price-box').invoke('setStyle'{ display'none' });
</script>

What it does is morally wrong, but it works, that is if you want the top price removed and not the bottom price, and on just configurables.

Magento Community
Magento Community

createonline

Total Posts:  10
New Zealand

The correct way to hide this is to comment out the price_clone.phtml block in app/design/frontend/your_package/your_theme/layout/catalog.xml.

<!--<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.clone_prices" as="prices" template="catalog/product/view/price_clone.phtml"/>-->

Magento Community
Magento Community

brunomarshall
Guru

Total Posts:  367

FrinkInk - 13 July 2009 06:39 PM

This is killing me. I’m trying to remove the bottom price (in the same box as Qty and the Add to Cart button) from the product page. I’ve tried commenting parts from the pages below but haven’t had any luck. I’ve also tried messing with the ‘price’ attribute.  My sanity thanks you.

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml, price.phtml

Hi,
If you want to remove the price from product page goto

app\design\frontend\your theme path\template\catalog/product/view/type/simple.phtml

you will find the code below

<?php $_product $this->getProduct() ?>

<?php 
if($_product->isSaleable()): ?>

<class="availability in-stock"><?php echo $this->__('Availability:'?> <span><?php echo $this->__('In stock'?></span></p>
<?php else: ?>

<class="availability out-of-stock"><?php echo $this->__('Availability:'?> <span><?php echo $this->__('Out of stock'?></span></p>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml('product_type_data_extra'?>
<?php 
echo $this->getPriceHtml($_product?>
Just comment the line which i have commented below
<?php $_product $this->getProduct() ?>

<?php 
if($_product->isSaleable()): ?>

<class="availability in-stock"><?php echo $this->__('Availability:'?> <span><?php echo $this->__('In stock'?></span></p>
<?php else: ?>

<class="availability out-of-stock"><?php echo $this->__('Availability:'?> <span><?php echo $this->__('Out of stock'?></span></p>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml('product_type_data_extra'?>
<?php 
//echo $this->getPriceHtml($_product) ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonygetz

Total Posts:  19

Hi guys,

Thanks for that guidance, really helpful. I followed brunomarshall’s and it worked perfectly.

In Magento v1.5.0.1 the file has moved to default.phtml in the same directory.

Could someone please let me know how I would remove the pricing from frontend view across all the pages including:

- Categories
- Left navigation filter
- Shopping basket
- Checkout

I’m building a gifts website and we don’t want our customers to see any pricing. They will just receive a coupon code to reduce products value by 100% in the checkout.

Any help with any page listed above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and best regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nataliiad

Total Posts:  3

pollyplummer - 13 July 2009 06:47 PM

you saved my day!

Magento Community
Magento Community

msfinlayson

Total Posts:  1

For 1.7.0.1, I just added an empty price_clone.phtml to the directory. This did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JQuiroga

Another solution for CE 1702 would be:

At: /app/design/frontend/default/THEME/layout/catalog.xml
just comment this block (using <!-- -->), around Ln 236

<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.clone_prices" as="prices" template="catalog/product/view/price_clone.phtml"/>

Magento Community
Magento Community

sashas7777

Total Posts:  90
New York, USA

Not sure, but probably this extensions may help you
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/call-for-price-hide-price-3163.html
Its hides prices from product and category page, also you can set custom message instead of price.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2