Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the entry fields for saved CC

Craig Owen

Total Posts:  9

To use some types of debit / credit card, the start date or issue number is required (for Maestro / Switch).

I can’t figure out how to enable these data entry boxes to appear when doing Saved CC for offline card processing.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Craig

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

Anyone? without having an option to enter an issue number the credit card module is useless.

Magento has a very US centric feel to it, are there people from countries like the UK on the development team to make it more suitable for international use ? There are many other card types such as Meastro, JCB but only US cards are listed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi Darren - I would suggest that you create your own payment module based on the saved cc module that is provided by magento. There are thousands of different payment methods around the world - it is impossible for magento to accomodate these. However I am sure there will be a number of community added payment methods going forward.

If you pm me the details you need I will take a look into this over the next few days.
Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

Thanks for your offer.

I’m somewhat surprised about the lack of an issue number option as cards are used internationally and it is a basic part of the card information and should be part of the core credit card module as no matter what country you operate from you are likely to come across the occasional card with an issue number, that will not get authorized without it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community