Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to create directory ‘\C:’. Access forbidden. 

Henry Schmieder

Total Posts:  6
Germany

Installation was successful. Now i´m trying to setup my test catalog. But i cannot create products. After the last save-dialog, the image-save dialog, ( admin/catalog_product/edit/id/137/store/1/ ) an alert box shows me “Unable to create directory ‘\C:’. Access forbidden.”.
After a short loook onto the DB, there seem to be some product/catalog based entries been made, but the product gets not indexed ( via product management ) nor visible in frontend. There must be something wrong with the correct path handling.
System: Windows XP Apache 2, PHP 5.2.3 ( XAMPP default installation )

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Henry Schmieder

Germany

Thanks for the hint Ron. So actually i can´t create a working test catalog since thumbnail image is required. Should not be that problem getting image upload running on win machines or am i wrong ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Henry Schmieder

Germany

considering a comparative small fixing effort in contrast to such huge negative effect making it impossible to test on win, i totally agree.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

The fix is in trunk and will be available in the next release.

Thank you for your patience rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan Orsborne

Total Posts:  72

Solution is here
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/424/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community