Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Do Sub Categories Get Exported/Imported

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

I guess I may just have to try this to see for sure, but has anybody experienced having a setup something like this

Auto Parts---this being only a static cms page, no products
|__Ford ---this being only a static cms page, no products (sub cat of Auto Parts category)
|___Sparkplugs has products forum not showing indent here (this is a sub cat of Ford category)
|___Air Filters has products forum not showing indent here (this is also a sub cat of Ford category

When you export a setup like this, then have a whole spreadsheet where you add new products following the format of the export, and then want to import into 1.0 will we have to setup the categories and subcategories exactly as they are when this export was done? 

This is assuming starting over with a new database for 1.0 which is probably will be recommended, I think?  Trying to prepare best I can, worst case. They may make changes to db structure in the final release so that we have to start fresh db?

Any thoughts, experience with such?  Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community