Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalogue import from a third party

Joel Hughes

Total Posts:  12

Hi,
I’m looking into trialing Magento for a client.

The client is currently running another LAMP eCommerce solution and I will need to try and get the catalogue data out of the old solution and into Magento.

I’m happy(ish) to write custom PHP scripts to poke the old catalogue into the Magento Mysql DB but perhaps there are better/easier options?

My concern with putting stuff directly into the Magento Mysql DB is that I might unwittingly break some business rules; this got me thinking as to whether Magento has an API which I could use instead?

Any ideas welcome

Joel Hughes

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brikou Carré

Total Posts:  37

i wrote a post about cron and import here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4694/

I still have some trouble to assign image to “thumbnail”, “small_image” etc, you can try to give a try and leave comments smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joel Hughes

Total Posts:  12

Hi Brikou,
thanks for that - that looks just what I’m after!

Joel

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community