Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

One Step Check Out / Sage Pay new feature

bokvis

Total Posts:  25
Gloucester

Sage Pay have apparently rolled out a new feature that allows ecommerce stores to implement a surcharge if a customer pays by a credit card as opposed to a debit card in the checkout process

Has anyone managed to incorporate this new feature into a live One Step Shopping Cart yet ?
If so would appreciate if you can advise if there is anyone / company out there that can do this......if it works

Appreciate any advise / comments
Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bokvis

Gloucester

Below is the “gumpf” sent to me by Sage Pay. I would be really interested to see if there are any UK companies that have applied a credit card “surcharge” feature into the checkout stage of the online shopping cart.....

Applying Surcharges to Transactions
The ability to apply surcharges based on payment type selected will provide a
financial benefit to you by transferring the cost of these transactions to the
customer. This is a facility which is only available through using Protocol v3.00 or a
later version.
You will have the ability to pass surcharge values (fixed amount or percentage) for
all transactions except PayPal. For example, credit card = fixed fee of £2.00 or 2%.
Different surcharges can be set for each payment type/currency combination you
accept.
Please note it is your responsibility to ensure that any surcharges you set up
comply with laws within your country.
How does it work
1. You set up default surcharges for the payment types/currencies you wish to
apply them to in “My Sage Pay”.
2. Customers select the goods they wish to purchase from your website.
3. They then select the payment type to complete the transaction.
4. If this payment type/currency has a default surcharge applied this will be
displayed on the screen.
Alternatively you can send through surcharge values to override the default
in the SurchargeXML section of the Direct registration message (see
Appendix A1).

I am looking for a freelancer / company that would be able to incorporate this into my One Step CheckOut on mu shopping cart ...any suggestions / pointers ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bokvis

Gloucester

And the last bit on Sage Pay website…

Based on feedback from our customers, we’ve released new features on our payment gateway to improve the online shopping experience.

What have we improved?

What’s already available now?
•My Sage Pay

E-commerce features available by upgrading to latest protocol (Version 3.0):
•New European payment types
•New payments features
•Managing transactions
•Fraud screening services
•Token system improvements
•TRIPS information (for travel/tourism industry vendors)

My Sage Pay (Available immediately)

Optional surcharges by payment type and currency: You will be able to transfer the cost of a transaction to the shopper when using specific payment types by increasing the total transaction amount by a surcharge fee. The surcharge fee is optional and can be set and/or amended for each payment type and/or currency.

MasterCard debit or credit: You can now easily split your MasterCard Credit or Debit MasterCard transactions and add any relevant surcharges. The transactions will also be shown separately within My Sage Pay and the Reporting API.

Ireland post codes: The post code field for Irish shoppers is no longer mandatory allowing transactions to be completed more successfully.

New field for transaction information: A new field was added for each transaction processed through My Sage Pay allowing you to add internal references that may be used for reporting or reconciliation purposes. This information will also be displayed in the transaction report in My Sage Pay and reporting API.

Delivery address of repeat customers: When performing a repeat transaction the shipping address of a repeat customer will now appear automatically based on the last transaction. Shoppers will have the option of selecting the same address or entering a new one

New European payment types

Local European payments: New bank-to-bank payment methods are now available for shoppers based in Germany, Netherlands and Austria allowing businesses to successfully expand into European markets. This service will be made available by signing up for a Sage Pay local European merchant account. Additional costs will apply. See pricing for more detail.

Germany Austria Netherlands
ELV sofort giropay EPS sofort iDeal sofort

New payment features (Ecommerce payments)

Optional surcharges by payment type and currency: You will be able to transfer the cost of a transaction to the shopper when using specific payment types by increasing the total transaction amount by a surcharge fee. The surcharge fee is optional and can be set and/or amended for each payment type and/or currency.

MasterCard debit or credit: You can now easily split your MasterCard Credit or Debit MasterCard transactions and add any relevant surcharges. The transactions will also be shown separately within My Sage Pay and the Reporting API.

PayPal basket with items listed: The PayPal checkout process is now fully integrated with Sage Pay allowing shoppers to see all their items listed in their PayPal basket before completing a purchase.

Ireland post codes: The post code field for Irish shoppers is no longer mandatory allowing transactions to be completed more successfully.

Managing transactions

Declined transaction code: Declined transactions will now be accompanied with a code from the acquiring bank providing businesses with more information explaining why a transaction was declined or unsuccessful.

Refund security key: The security key value will now be provided back with refunds allowing you to automate the voiding of any refunds.

Website reference field: Transactions can now be linked to a specific website to help businesses trading with more than one website. Transactions will therefore be allocated to the website where the purchase was made for reporting and reconciliation purposes.

Basket XML: Additional fields relating to basket contents and fraud screening can now be added in XML format. This information will be displayed in My Sage Pay and all data in the Basket XML will be accessible via the reporting API.

Fraud screening services

3D secure status: You will now receive a more accurate 3DSecureStatus result by allowing ‘AttemptOnly’ to appear when 3DSecure is attempted but not completed.

Additional fields with transactions: Additional fields can now be added for reporting or fraud screening purposes. CustomerXML and BasketXML can therefore be added for ReD fraud screening services.

Real-time fraud screening recommendation: The fraud screening response is now sent back in real time with and will show either Accept, Deny, Notchecked or Challenge. Available for customers using Bespoke ReD fraud screening services.

Token system improvements (for repeat purchases)

Simplified token creation: Shoppers will now have the option of storing their card details (as a token) to their account on the payment page during their first purchase instead of having to set it up manually afterwards. Single click purchases for repeat customers will become much simpler and quicker to set up.

TRIPS information (for travel/tourism industry vendors)

Improved settlement files: Additional fields for specific transactions may be required by the merchant bank for risk evaluation and reducing fraud. TRIPS information will be displayed in My Sage Pay and all data will be accessible via the reporting API (through the Basket XML).

Additional fields with transactions: Additional fields can now be added for reporting or fraud screening purposes. CustomerXML and BasketXML can therefore be added for ReD fraud screening services and TRIPS information.

Do I need to do anything?

If you are interested in benefiting from the new features listed above, you’ll need to make some changes to how our payment gateway is integrated to your website by upgrading to protocol v3. You will need to contact your website developer to get this implemented.

We recommend using the latest version of our protocol to ensure you get the most out of our service.

Instructions to upgrade your payment gateway to the latest version (v3.0) are now available for download:
•NEW Direct Integration & Protocol Guideline (Version 3.0)
•Mobile Optimised Version of Sage Pay?
•NEW Form Integration & Protocol Guideline (Version 3.0)
•NEW Server & Direct Shared Protocol (Version 3.0)
•NEW Server Integration & Protocol Guideline (Version 3.0)

Using a 3rd party ecommerce software?

We’re working with our partners to ensure that you can benefit from all the new features in our latest release. Look out for more information from Sage Pay soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles_MS

Total Posts:  87

Do you know The Checkout process and the customer’s psychology?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community