Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

would it be possible…

codenamejeff

Total Posts:  29

to set up an item so you can select two sizes, and each size effects the weight?

My store sells food products, and I want the option to sell some products in half trays and full trays. How would I go about to arrange this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi there, please watch the “configurable products” video - also there are some articles in the wiki and knowledgebase that will answer this for you… the short answer is yes it can be done.
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Here’s a link to the configurable products tutorial: http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/tutorial-creating-a-configurable-product

Magento Community
Magento Community

codenamejeff

Thanks for the replies. I’m watching the videos and following the tutorials. I have one more questions and I figure I might as well post it in this thread. Is it possible to set up a category or product, so that it can only be shipped one option, for instance overnight only?

Magento Community
Magento Community

codenamejeff

Bump ^^

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community