Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Email Templates Missing in 0.9.17740? 

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

I am trying to customize my store’s email templates.  If I remember correctly, they used to be in Admin > System > Transactional Emails, but now all I see is one template for “Send product to a friend” (see attached).

Where can I locate and customize the other templates?  They are definitely somewhere because when I register on my store, I received a template email from my store.

Thanks!

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

I happen to notice that they were gone also. I believe they weren’t there on the last release too. Hopefully they are restored when 1.0 comes out. Anyway’s, I’ve done some digging and was able to find that the emails are stored in the database in the core_email_template table.If anyone has an old release installed we should be able to export them from there. I’m gonna wait till 1.0 releases next week but if you need them before then, you can download an old release at http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/(version number)/magento-(version number).zip

Ex. Replace (version number) with 0.9.17740

Some files in here too
../app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

If you click on the add new template button on the upper right you can select from a list of templates and modify those.  It took me a while to find that one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

Thanks a lot. I think the way the system was set up prior to this was a better implementation. I can imagine other people going crazy trying to find those.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

Thanks you two!  This was a huge help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

neuromancer

Total Posts:  24

good work. This saved me a lot of time i’m sure

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmayer

Total Posts:  21

I have the template in 1.0 , but the section to include the product below does not work. The email does include the sent product. Any ideas here?

Welcome{{var name}}<br /><br />Please look at <a href="{{var product.getProductUrl()}}">{{var product.name}}</a><br /><br />Here is message: <br />{{var message}}<br /><br />

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurDent

Total Posts:  86

Same problem here. Is there any documentation about using the template system placeholders out there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community