Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Migrate from Oscommerce

Ibersexy

Total Posts:  5
Spain

Hello to all.

Can be possible to develop some application that facilitates the migration from Oscommerce?
In the next future.

(many thanks, excuse my poor english)

UPDATE: Ups! sorry Zen Cart and CRE Loaded too!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandon

Total Posts:  76
Web Developer

I’m sure it will happen once Magento is stabilized.  There are tons of people who want to make the move.

It will be interesting to see how a migration works because Magento does some one off stuff with their products and attributes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandon

Total Posts:  76
Web Developer

Import product data feeds?  What do you mean by that?

Creating the feeds for Google (I’m not aware of a Product Search feed, I thought the Base feed fed both) will be very easy.  I’ve created quite a few from scratch in only a few hours of work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

we are working on the osCommerce migration tool, and we hope to have that done when Magento is stabilized.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsamedi

Total Posts:  24

Will you work on the basis of the Cre Loaded version too since this version propose almost the same database structure except for small changes (for instance Cre loaded offers the possibility to add title, description and keywords (meta)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jorge964

Total Posts:  1

How advanced is now the migration tool from OSCommerce to Magento? (% of completion?)

Would it be possible to make available the script at its current state?
I’m even prepared to pay a developer to complete it… and then provide the script back to the community.

Would anyone there join me in financing the completion of the migration tool?

I want to start testing my shop and my products in Magento beta so it is ready to go live as soon as the release version is ready.

(where can I find the database structure for Magento so I can start comparing, must be somewhere but I haven’t found it yet)

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

If you can wait a few more weeks, the migration tool should do the trick. It won’t be ready for a few weeks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

passengersonly

Total Posts:  3

this feature would be outstanding. please keep us updated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tfittsy

Total Posts:  12

RoyRubin - 06 December 2007 09:47 PM

If you can wait a few more weeks, the migration tool should do the trick. It won’t be ready for a few weeks.

What kind of information are you planning on migrating in your osCommerce mirgration tool?  I realize there are probably as many configurations for osCommerce as there are installations of it.  Are you planning on moving only products and categories or are you also planning on moving customers and order history?

Would there be any plans for moving multi-store installations as well.  I can understand the difficulty in doing this but it seems like with your multi-store implementation it should at least be possible.  I’m sure there are many people waiting on any update to this.  (the general migration tool, there probably aren’t as many looking for a multi-store migration.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

For the osCommerce migration tool we are planning on importing products, categories and customers. Order history is a bit more tricky so we are looking at having some archive order table to display old orders. These orders will not be editable in any way in Magento.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

YoavKutner - 17 December 2007 06:51 PM

For the osCommerce migration tool we are planning on importing products, categories and customers.

Would that also include their passwords?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@i960: yes, password hashes will be transferred, and they would be validated using OSCommerce password hash algorithm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

Moshe - 18 December 2007 09:15 AM

@i960: yes, password hashes will be transferred, and they would be validated using OSCommerce password hash algorithm.

Awesome!  We get a lot of repeat customers, and I really do not want to tell them all that they have to create a new password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WestCoast

Total Posts:  21

you Magento guys are saying all the right things.

Can’t wait to see the final result, but if you make it easy for osCommerce stores to migrate...we will migrate smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

same for me !

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

Coming from X-Cart, I’d say, forgot the import for now, focus on the codebase and get it stable, import tools can come later on after the fact… Surely most of us here know how to do a MySQL export/import via CSV…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3