Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

imported but have to open and save each product

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

Hi,

I have successfully added 171 Simple Product.

I see them all enabled. I created a Configurable product, I can select each option, add the value for each, but on the Frontend I have only “Choose an option...” but there is nothing in it…

I tried to open and save the Simple Product and it works… i can now see the option on the frontpage…

is there an option or something that I have to import to let me import products without open and save each product ?

thanks,

Jean-Luc B.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

here is my first 2 lines in my import csv:

store,attribute_set,type,entity_id,sku,category_ids,status,tax_class_id,visibility,description,short_description,delay,overallsize,note,meta_keyword,custom_layout_update,weight,price,minimal_price,name,url_key,gift_message_available,meta_title,meta_description,custom_design,image,small_image,thumbnail,qty,min_qty,use_config_min_qty,is_qty_decimal,backorders,use_config_backorders,min_sale_qty,use_config_min_sale_qty,max_sale_qty,use_config_max_sale_qty,is_in_stock,notify_stock_qty,use_config_notify_stock_qty,plain_color,quantity_per_box,dimensions,special_price,special_from_date,special_to_date,imprint_size,cartboard,colors_side,print_size,resolution,metal_logo,metal_foil_colour,cafe_corner,cafe_metal,cafe_size

default,Cafe Series,Simple Product,,cs10001_0,13,Enabled,Taxable Goods,Nowhere,A low price doesn't mean an inferior product with this line of inexpensive menu covers.<br><br>Versatile clear covers with stitched vinyl trim these handcrafted covers are perfect for printed single sheet inserts.<br><br>We use industrial strength nylon thread with a tight lockstitch to prevent unraveling. Our clear plastic is the finest quality available and heat resistant. Round Brass Silver or Black corners complete this economical yet elegant line of covers.,Versatile clear covers with stitched vinyl trim these handcrafted covers are perfect for printed single sheet inserts.,,,,,,1.0000,2.3200,,2 View - Single Panel-0,2-view-single-panel-0,Use config,,,,no_selection,no_selection,no_selection,9999.0000,0.0000,1,0,0,1,1.0000,1,0.0000,1,1,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Black,French Calf Style: Craft Brown,8.50 x 14.00

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Am facing the same issue and am discussing this in
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4828/

Still looking for answers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

Me too Same problem is also discussed here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4828/

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

I tried this a couple times and had no problem with having to save the products, in fact they showed on the front end, BUT the images did not appear and had to open each product and reupload the images, to the same location, overwriting where they already were but not showing, then they showed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

@Andyellis

Thats the EXACT same problem I had. Imported ok via XML sheet, but the products were missing images. I’m having to open up each product and re-save it with the image. A long process when you’ve got 150+ items.

there should be someway to streamline this, I wonder whats keeping the image paths from being inserted into the database during import. The other attributes seem to import ok. Odd. I guess i’ll take a look at the product table maybe that’ll turn up some results… needle in haystack though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

NickL - 25 March 2008 06:58 AM

@Andyellis

Thats the EXACT same problem I had. Imported ok via XML sheet, but the products were missing images. I’m having to open up each product and re-save it with the image. A long process when you’ve got 150+ items.

there should be someway to streamline this, I wonder whats keeping the image paths from being inserted into the database during import. The other attributes seem to import ok. Odd. I guess i’ll take a look at the product table maybe that’ll turn up some results… needle in haystack though.

Yes I think its a most peculiar problem. I hope you come up with some answer. I am not mysql savvy, so can’t be much help.  Do you know anyting about my other post about subcats etc? How does that work, have you tried that?
Link here
in case that link doesn’t work its
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4857/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

this solve my problem !

in file Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php change in line 266 before: $product->save(); insert

if (isset($row[’row’][’store’])) {
$storeId = Mage::app()->getStore($row[’row’][’store’])->getId();
} else {
$storeId = Mage::registry(’current_convert_profile’)->getStoreId();
}
if ($storeId) {
$product->setWebsiteIds(array($storeId));
}

PS: You have to delete and re-import all the product, otherwise you have to do those by hand !

It works !

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

@jeanlucb

I havne’t tried this method yet, I will in a few, but does this allow images to be inserted into the imported spreadsheets?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

NickL,

No. This is the fix to save the product in the right Store…

Anyway, I don’t need any pictures for the products I am importing since I create manually a configurable product for each csv…

I know there is a bug with the Dataflow and pictures, but i’m sure they’ll fix it in the next release later this week.

cya,

Jean-Luc B.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

Thanks for the solution to the upload problem. I will look into implementing that shortly.

As for the images I found a solution...I found one!!! Here it is: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/25986/

In brieft, you have to upload the images you want to use to the /media/catalog/import directory before you upload your products. Then in the csv/xml file under all three of the “image” options you input the location like this: /imagename.[format] e.g. /dogpicture.jpg

DONE!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gopher girl

Total Posts:  16

ummm. maybe i’m blind but I don’t have this folder structure…

Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php

is there somewhere else I can find this folder? I’m trying to fix the same issue.
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

I believe that it is actually: app/code/core/mage…

only place i can find the mage/catalog...etc folders

Magento Community
Magento Community

gopher girl

Total Posts:  16

well I finally found the folder: You are right it’s in app/code/core/mage.... So I altered the code and deleted my products and tried again to upload but received error messages.  Now the products weren’t even showing in the backend.

Sooo.... I’m still looking for a fix to have the products automatically view in the front end after the upload.

Also: I tried changing the status on the bulk status actions above the master list of your products… but that doesn’t work either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

For some reason there is an issue with some products. I tried to upload 40 odd and it was full of errors. I did the exact same info in two lots of 21 and it worked. BUT it had to be the “working” 21 and then the others.

It turned out I had conflicting SKU’s and other bits and bobs. Make sure everything is unique to each item in your csv file.

It should work in theory. I am about to make the changes myself and I will post back to let you know if it worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

erm where do I put this code then? there are two places there “$product-> save();” occur??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community